By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Registers Biggest Black Friday in Its History, Outsells PS3 3 to 1

It Erikers numbers are true, then 360 could be higher then 525,000 for the week

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
So how much did it outsell the Wii by?

ps3 sold 200k xbox 500k wii 800. 200k and 500k dont seem like 1 to 3 to me

erikers said:
Max King of the Wild said:
estimating a 25 percent increase from Xbox 360 Black Friday sales figures from 2007

So we should expect 350k in US instead of the 500k ioi said?

Actually it would be 387,500.  This would also mean the PS3 only sold 129k on black friday.  And like katinjin said, this was only 1 of 7 days for the week.

Oh so this report is only talking about 1 out of 7 days? So my estimates should be lower since the % increase only is talking about one day and I'm giving it for 7 days?

I so disagree with Microsoft on several of those points. Maybe Nintendo will release a statement to the press about how the world has spoken and the DS is set to be the most popular system in the history of the world and well over three times as popular as Microsoft's broken system. A statement such as that would be more factually correct than what Microsoft typically says.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

I guess you missed the part where they outsold the Ps3 3-1 for the black friday WEEKEND. That includes Sunday

Around the Network
erikers said:
estimating a 25 percent increase from Xbox 360 Black Friday sales figures from 2007

So we should expect 350k in US instead of the 500k ioi said?

Actually it would be 387,500. This would also mean the PS3 only sold 129k on black friday. And like katinjin said, this was only 1 of 7 days for the week.

Oh so this report is only talking about 1 out of 7 days? So my estimates should be lower since the % increase only is talking about one day and I'm giving it for 7 days?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6183501.html

Report: 310K 360s sold over Thanksgiving week (2007)

Microsoft released it's 360 black friday sales estimates last year and they were 310k. So I applied 25% increase to it. They say weekend in both black friday articles so it's either 2 or 3 days.

So estimates are 388K for 360, 129k for PS3 if you take the 3:1 ratio literally.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

That sounds about right for the US then you add in Canada so it should be in the 400-500k range. Being they did 310k (Microsoft figures) last year for the week of Black Friday which is US.

I love the fact Microsoft talk like Nintendo doesn't even exist.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

WOW! that is crazy. I can see why price + practically every teen wants/plays it. I'm watching Terminator:Sarah Connor Chronicles (IDK if any of ya watch that) and they were playing Gears Of War, showed gameplay and everything, I was like WOW, u never see that for PS3 (besides Heavenly Sword in Heroes in one episode). errr where was I? oh yea, 3:1, bye bye PS3 this holiday.

Yea, with these figures the PS3 certainly did worse than last year for the month comparing it to NPD. I think it could be a really tough December for it as well.