By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Thing Current Gen Has Brought Us!

Competition.

Around the Network

DLC

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

HD and lbp

I think a few things stand out....

A) All three consoles have become entertainment mainstays of the living room, and not just the kids' rooms. The Wii is a middle aged person phenomenon by reaching out to the older person who used to not care for games... The PS3 and Blu-ray... XBOX 360 and the social engine that XBOX LIVE has become (and now of course streaming movies via NetFlix). In perspective, this generation has really reached out and gave the usual person who doesn't care for gaming a reason to get a console for the living room (and not just for the kids!)

B) Motion controls (which will no doubt be integrated fully by Sony and MS in the next gen)

C) Games no longer have to be just games... Wii Fit, Brain Age, etc. and they can still sell loads of copies of it, and kids and adults will actually play them.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

oh yeah, one more thing...

D) Games are now out performing box office movies. That's pretty amazing considering 24 years ago the industry nearly fell apart, and was written off as a one-time fad.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network

HD gaming, online gaming, motion controls above all.

you idiot, you shouldn't have told us that everyone was going to say motion controls, guess what? everyone says motion controls
Motion controls, specifically ripping a shield off an alien in MP3, that gave me the chills it was so good.

And Wii Tennis is pretty cool considering most of us played exactly like we were playing tennis for a few weeks, until u realise u dont have too.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Mother 3.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

PC gaming. PC gaming is so strong that you don't need consoles to get most of the good games, therefore making them a bit obsolote. The Wii + PC is a good combination btw.

Motion Controll, Wii Mote, New Approach to Games, Gaming becoming mainstream.