By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shanbcn said:
Max King of the Wild said:
shanbcn said:

PS3

Has 400k for the week which was better than last years numbers...

So what? Look at 360 numbers

So? Ps3 sales up over last years without 2 price cuts in the year. It's excellent sales for the console.

Around the Network

wow 360!:O, and wow PS3:D

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

oh dear, the ps3 sales really are crying.

i wonder if sony's pulling christmas bonuses as we speak.

Damned I want to see the software sales .....It will be huge;.

I'm a bit scared for Nintendo, have they stock-pilled enough for all those hungry consumers of theirs?

To see someone is still buying playstations is scary thing too :D

Around the Network
RPG said:
Jandre002 said:
The PS3 is getting so SO owned right now. I blame the economy . Good job MS. You obviously had a much better plan than Sony.

It was a price cut, you dont need to be a genius to know a price cut = sales

People give MS too much credit sometimes, Ninetendo deserve credit selling double the amount of Wii's then 360's after being more expensive but not MS.

Back to the DS, maybe, just MAYBE 1.5 million this week? :O

I dont think thats maybe it will do over 1.5 million this week.

The 360 has a lot of good deals in the UK at the moment. I went out to buy one for my brother this week and most of the shops I went to had already sold out of the bundles I was most interested in. A manager at one of the stores informed me that they had been told by their supplier to stop taking orders on bundles as they may not be able to fulfill them within a reasonable timeframe (it was the Comet deal). This is all anecdotal of course, but I expected a good boost for the 360 this week.

DS and Wii sales are insane as usual.

PS3 sales are good but just not keeping up with the competition. It has the lowest market share but won't even hang onto that at this rate.

shanbcn said:
Why wait till March for price cut Sony?

They can't afford it right now. If they keep the actual sales they lose; if they drop the price they lose even more.

I was pretty close to the numbers with my PAL estimates in the Black Friday thread...

Very good sales for the Wii and X360. I would of never thought that PAL sales for the X360 would be THIS high. It's up to such insane numbers from last year, no one could have predicted this.

Still, despite the great X360 numbers - the Wii is still dominating Europe, showing that Nintendo has such a major stranglehold, that they may never let go this generation.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

It's hard to predict how the sales would be if the worldwide economy wasn't in a recession. I would imagine that if consoles were considered a necessity, we would see the sales figure higher with the ratio kept the same. However, if consoles were considered a luxury, then the ratio would probably favor the 360 even more due to many families not buying a console at all this holiday season in order to save up.

I hope the PS3 can hold steady onto their market share for next year. An early price drop before E3 followed by a recovering economy aided by the holiday season sales might be able to help them recover all the grounds they lost this season.

"What I'd thought I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes..."
~ J.D. Salinger, "Catcher in the Rye"