By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Pristine20 said:
I can't understand many individuals on this site. How do the sales of the console affect the games you play? Even if the ps3 dreamcasts at the worst case scenario, you'll always have the great games you bought to play for as long as you're interested. So much gloom and doom talk lol.

This site focuses on sales. Also, Ps3 dying would be bad for the industry... it would hurt the 360 quite a lot and sink quite a few dev studios.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Im getting tired of ps3 is doomed threads/posts.. wow this is becoming near 2007 standards

Most posters agree that the PS3 is "doomed" for 3rd place, but not "doomed" as in the PS3 will cease to exist next year.  Stop with the drama.

leo-j said:
Im getting tired of ps3 is doomed threads/posts.. wow this is becoming near 2007 standards

Didn't you have a party with the X360 is d00m3d threads that were popping all around the site for most of the year?

Tick-Tock, it's the pendulum swinging.

Anyways you better get used to the swings, essentially both the ps3 and the 360 will be playing this trading places game for the whole generation and end up in a virtual tie. Oops sorry, I spoiled the end of the movie ;D

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Hawkeye said:
Pristine20 said:
I can't understand many individuals on this site. How do the sales of the console affect the games you play? Even if the ps3 dreamcasts at the worst case scenario, you'll always have the great games you bought to play for as long as you're interested. So much gloom and doom talk lol.

This site focuses on sales. Also, Ps3 dying would be bad for the industry... it would hurt the 360 quite a lot and sink quite a few dev studios.

I agree completely.  SOny or MS bowing out at this point would lead to gaming armageddon, as I see it.  Owning a Wii has been not much better than owning a VSmile at this juncture (okay I'm going a bit overboard there, but... there's a scary similarity here), and it would be awful if the "gamer" demographic scattered so much that the Wii's shovelware example became the norm, and there was no escape.

At least we had enthusiastic Japanese devs to save us from shovelware on the PS2.

Groucho said:

I agree completely.  SOny or MS bowing out at this point would lead to gaming armageddon, as I see it.  Owning a Wii has been not much better than owning a VSmile at this juncture (okay I'm going a bit overboard there, but... there's a scary similarity here), and it would be awful if the "gamer" demographic scattered so much that the Wii's shovelware example became the norm, and there was no escape.

At least we had entuhusiastic Japanese RPG devs to save us from shovelware on the PS2.

Wasn't the PS the system that set the "shovelware norm"?

Around the Network

auxerre said:
RPG said:

Well then it comes down to the general public knowing what you get for your buck, PS3 comes with so many more features so it should never be cheaper then the 360. But I disagree here with you, a $100 price cut of a Playstation console IMO would destroy 360 sales. We are at a point where price is the reason the 360 is selling, time will come when PS3 drops in price with all those great games and just dont see what MS can do........besides another price cut. Price is not everything to many though, my friends are simply waiting for GT5 before they pick up there PS3's.

GREATEST REPLY TO A POST EVER!

It's as if someone was talking about Linux

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Keep it going Microsoft. Keep it going!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

alfredofroylan said:
Groucho said:

At least we had entuhusiastic Japanese RPG devs to save us from shovelware on the PS2.

Wasn't the PS the system that set the "shovelware norm"?

I would argue that the shovelware mass on the Wii has not produced the diamonds found in the slew of PS2 titles at this stage in its lifetime.  The Wii is the shovelware king in my eyes.  

I'm hoping MH3 and the rest of 2009 will change that... desperately.

leo-j said:

Oh lord the Ps3 is fine its just gonna get 3rd place most likly.... thats what i think the people mean by dooomed

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Everything I wanted to say has already been said, so I'll check out GT forums for these amazing flame wars.