By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

No one on here change, because these threads would not be the same without you. The funny thing is the last few weeks a few numbers were adjusted upwards, so things can grow

Around the Network
MDMAniac said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

i wonder when sony are going to cut the price.

The day before they'll go bankrupt, don't you think so?

I hope Sony does go bankrupt....they dont advertise when their games are coming out enough, and at PS3 launch they thought people would practically give and arm or leg for one since it says Playstation on it.  For thier arrogance and lack of letting consumers now what content is being released, and for the fact that they hyped the PS2 up so much that it killed Dreamcast sales, I hope Sony goes bankrupt.  Then Microsoft and Nintendo will buy up the franchises.

PREDICTIONS:
360 will outsell PS3 YTD for 2008. (CHECK!)
360 will have the best showing at E3 & TGS in 2009
2009 will be another year for the 360 over PS3
End OF 2009 SALES :: 360 - 40M;  PS3 - 30M; Wii - 70M

-General_Ram- said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Soriku said:
@bigjon

PS3 dropped? Ouch.

by 7k in one region. But it also sold lots more in US. I was expecting 350k - 360k this week for the ps3. looks like it will do over 400k so i'm quit happy.

ur confusing.......ur happy with PS3, despite 360 and WIi beating it handily in Europe, a former Sony stronghold.

Are u ignoring the competition cause no PS3 fan would be "happy" with this news. just saying.

Man you really are taking this to a whole new level and it's quite annoying.

Last Full Week Before Cmas last year (ending dec 22, 2007)

DS- 810k

Wii- 460k

PS3- 330k

360- 200k

Week ending Nov 29, 2008

DS- 780k

Wii- 520k

360- 320k

PS3- 170k

This was THE biggest week all of last year. Basically the same as a week in NOV this year. Cept 360 and PS3 switch spots : ). Seeing that all consoles doubled from the last week in nov to the week b4 cmas last year... I am kinda scared to see what will happen this year. I am almost sure the DS will have a 1 million week alone in others, I think the Wii will be at 850-900 the week b4 cmas... the 360 might be really supply constained do to the crazy sales by that time, might not get much higher than it is(it is tracking the same as the wii was last year, and the wii sold out).

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

leo-j said:
How is dropping the price to DS levels desperate? How is buying every game that square has desperate? How is it desperate?

Its not, its the complete opposite.

Oh yes. Going near-bankrupt and buying out so many games that there is a chance they’ll become mega hits is an act of pure brilliance.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
pbroy said:
darthdevidem01 said:
I will LOL at people saying PS3 is dead.....when next year at a lower price point GT 5 comes on PS3 in EU....next xmas...

Here, laugh at yourself ~_n

Other SALE UP! -- Playstation biting the dust!

lol owned

360 should have a million lead over PS3 in other by next week, could be 2 million by early 09

~flame said:
NYANKS said:
With the big price difference, is the Sony MS relationship like the one with MS and Apple. MS gets more sales in that biz, but Apple sells very well at a premium price, Sony playing the part of Apple here?

apple is making profit, sony is not.

Crazy profit, to be exact. Apple's GAAP gross margin is 20%.

Anyways, crazy sales.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

-General_Ram- said:
Soriku said:
@bigjon

PS3 dropped? Ouch.

by 7k in one region. But it also sold lots more in US. I was expecting 350k - 360k this week for the ps3. looks like it will do over 400k so i'm quit happy.

ur confusing.......ur happy with PS3, despite 360 and WIi beating it handily in Europe, a former Sony stronghold.

Are u ignoring the competition cause no PS3 fan would be "happy" with this news. just saying.

Man you really are taking this to a whole new level and it's quite annoying.

sorry im just really trying to understand how a PS3 fan could actually be happy with this Europe sales numbers. Its literally boggling the mind.

indodude said:
Xbox 360 ate everything they lost against the PS3.

I'm gonna make this my sig!