By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii owners Secret Santa thread (Post before December 15th to join!)

Alright, Round One is about wrapped up, save for a few loose ends, some of which will sort themselves out, others of which I will keep an eye on. For now, I'm feeling confident enough to start Round Two.

The following people are in Round Two.

NA:

noname2200
starbruin
moongoddess256
khuutra
maynard_tool
kasz216
BrainBoxLTD
dano
GalacticPenguin
PSwii60
theRepublic
sjgohan3972
Conman15
tokoro
SHMUPGurus
Finnbar
ROBOTECHEAVEN
O-D-C
josenieves

Europe:

makepeacefox
mise

I'll be e-mailing Santa numbers today, along with an updated procedure (which should greatly reduce problems, with any luck).

Around the Network

What about Mii? It isn't fair! I paid my dues now I want my share. Can't you see, I wanna live. But you just take more than you give.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
What about Mii? It isn't fair! I paid my dues now I want my share. Can't you see, I wanna live. But you just take more than you give.

"Don't blame me. Blame yourself or God."

Or the lack of Australians and New Zealanders in this round. Sorry Squilliam, but unless you're willing to lose some Wii Points changing your country settings to a European country, there's nothing I can do.

noname2200 said:
Squilliam said:

Or the lack of Australians and New Zealanders in this round. Sorry Squilliam, but unless you're willing to lose some Wii Points changing your country settings to a European country, there's nothing I can do.

I didn't lose any changing from NZ to Australia. Aren't the points identical everywhere? 1000 points cost me $18, so shouldn't they cost like $10 U.S for the same quantity?

Tease.

Cool beans... got my codes.

I'll add them in tonight after my girlfriend is done watchign Delovely on PS3.

Really Noname a final fantasy tactics quote? (Or is that more famous and they ripped it.)

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
noname2200 said:
Squilliam said:

I didn't lose any changing from NZ to Australia. Aren't the points identical everywhere? 1000 points cost me $18, so shouldn't they cost like $10 U.S for the same quantity?

From what I've heard, Australia -> New Zealand is fine, but transferring from either of those countries to Europe makes you lose your Wii points for whatever reason (and vice-versa). To the best of my knowledge, that is the only time you'll lose Wii Points by changing your country settings. I won't pretend to understand the logic behind that, mind you, but that's the stance Nintendo's taken.

Of course, it's possible that my information is wrong, but I don't want to risk you losing any points. And you can't just buy points after switching, since you transfer to a European country, your credit card will have trouble working (we've had a few other users encounter such a problem). But perhaps Wii Points cards will work...? I'm unsure. Let me poke around a bit.

@kasz: I like Final Fantasy Tactics, even with the horrifically bad translation.

noname2200 said:
Squilliam said:
noname2200 said:
Squilliam said:

From what I've heard, Australia -> New Zealand is fine, but transferring from either of those countries to Europe makes you lose your Wii points for whatever reason (and vice-versa). To the best of my knowledge, that is the only time you'll lose Wii Points by changing your country settings. I won't pretend to understand the logic behind that, mind you, but that's the stance Nintendo's taken.

Of course, it's possible that my information is wrong, but I don't want to risk you losing any points. And you can't just buy points after switching, since you transfer to a European country, your credit card will have trouble working (we've had a few other users encounter such a problem). But perhaps Wii Points cards will work...? I'm unsure. Let me poke around a bit.

@kasz: I like Final Fantasy Tactics, even with the horrifically bad translation.

Yeah... it's ok.

I just thought it was a strange quote i wouldn't expect anyone to get.

I mean I wouldn't of got it... except i was playing it last week.

Monsters are kinda useless... but i like havign them.  Just wish you could get them to stop laying eggs.

@Noname, im happy to sit this one out.

Once again, Nintendo has proved themselves to be an evil corporation - more interested in money than the Christmas spirit!

Tease.

Squilliam said:
@Noname, im happy to sit this one out.

Once again, Nintendo has proved themselves to be an evil corporation - more interested in making people miserable than the Christmas spirit or money!

Fixed.

Sadly...

Well my names are entered. So do i have to be online when they enter my name too? I'll leave my Wii online whenever i can if that's the case.