By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii owners Secret Santa thread (Post before December 15th to join!)

All Wii owners with over a hundred posts (have under that? See FAQ below) who have their Wii connected to the internet and are interested in doing a Secret Santa with fellow VGCharterz (?) are welcome to sign up anytime in the next two weeks.

Simply post in this thread that you're willing to participate, post your Wii Code (Don't know how to find yours? Click here!), and your country (not region), and whether or not you own a Classic Controller/Gamecube controller/Balance Board.

In about two weeks, you'll receive a PM from me withseveral Wii Codes, one of which is your Santa's. (Thanks Khuutra!) I'll also give you a Wii Code for your Tiny Tim. Don't worry, it'll be clear which is which.

Add them all to your Wii, decide what game to get your Tiny Tim, and gift it sometime in the next two or three days. Then enjoy whatever game your Santa got you. Adding to the fun, Santa may get you an NES game, or he might get you World of Goo, or something in between. Or maybe he'll be especially generous, and get you multiple games. Who knows?!

When we're done, you may delete the excess codes, if you wish. Or you could think of this as a chance to make more friends.

FAQ: What if the person already has the game I want to buy them?

I will include in the PM a link to your Tiny Tim's game collection, so that you can make sure to not buy them something they already have. For that reason, please update your own game collection, including retail copies (Nintendo won't tell Santa to not buy you Link to the Past if you own the SNES or GBA cartridge, for instance...) to make life easier for Santa. If by some chance someone falls through the cracks, don't worry about it: Nintendo will tell you that your Tim already owns that game, and it will ask you to select another. So don't worry about wasting money.

Speaking of money, how much should we spend?

That's completely up to you. There is no minimum or maximum; you can buy your person a NES game, or you can get them Crystal Chronicles and all the DLC. Heck, you can buy them the entire VC catalogue, if you're feeling up to it. Remember that it really is the thought that counts, so if all you can give is $5, or if that $5 game kicks more expensive games' a**es, then go for it!

What if I'm the only person from my country who participates?

Because Nintendo hates holiday cheer, we can only gift games to someone in our own country. Consequently, if you're not feeling up to changing the settings on your Wii, I'll send you a regretful PM telling you that your country-men are a bunch of Scrooges. But I'll still wish you a Merry Christmas! Or Channukah, or whatever floats your boat. Remember kids, Santa and Christmas are both Capitalist, not Christian!

What if I sign up, but later can't participate for whatever reason?

Please just PM me such some time before December 15th, so that I can adjust accordingly. We don't want some poor soul to go without a Virtual Console/WiiWare game this Christmas, do we?

Can I tell other site members about this?

Please do! The more the merrier, even if it will result in my having a logistical nightmare on my hands. But what's a migraine compared to the smile on a child's face?

Can I make a wishlist?

If you must, sure. But try not to. It's more fun to have no idea what you're getting, in my opinion. But if you're deadset on getting World of Goo or whatnot, write your list in your post, and I'll forward it to jolly ol' Saint Nick.

What happens if my Santa doesn't get me something when they should?

Bad things, my friend.

Bad things.

But don't worry if you're the one left out in the cold. We'll come up with something to cheer you up, although knowing the integrity and quality of this site's members I don't think we'll have any problems.

I want to participate, but I have less than a hundred posts. What can I do?

Sign up anyways. We're pretty trusting, so you'll probably get in, unless someone objects, and it never hurts to try. Besides, it's Christmas!

Around the Network

I'll start.

Wii Code: 1193-9933-0501-8307
Controllers: Don't own a Balance Board or Classic Controller, but do own a Gamecube controller.

Hm.

l'd sign up but my Wii isn't always online due to me not having wireless. Or wireless the wii will pick up anyway.

Kasz216 said:
Hm.

l'd sign up but my Wii isn't always online due to me not having wireless. Or wireless the wii will pick up anyway.

There's a several-day grace period, if that's what you're concerned about. Alternatively, I can just tell your Tim that you might have to wait a few days before sending it. We all know you, so none of us would be worried that you'd bail out or whatnot. And I'm sure your Tim will understand.

noname2200 said:
Kasz216 said:
Hm.

There's a several-day grace period, if that's what you're concerned about. Alternatively, I can just tell your Tim that you might have to wait a few days before sending it. We all know you, so none of us would be worried that you'd bail out or whatnot. And I'm sure your Tim will understand.

Oh i'd be able to send it whenever... i just need to unhook my computer. 

I just meant for the person sending it to me.

I'm worried about me.

In the true spirit of X-mas.

If that's managable though i'll find my Wii code and post up in the thread later.

Around the Network

^Lol.

Wow, what a cool idea! I'm interested! I'll post my stuff up sometime in the future when I look up my code.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Warms my bones.

I'll post my Wii code after dinner.

Kasz216 said:
noname2200 said:
Kasz216 said:

I'm worried about me.

If that's managable though i'll find my Wii code and post up in the thread later.

That's actually not a problem. The game is not sent immediately: it's simply purchased, and a message is sent to you that someone's bought the game for you. You can then download it at your convenience.

noname2200 said:
Kasz216 said:
noname2200 said:
Kasz216 said:

I'm worried about me.

That's actually not a problem. The game is not sent immediately: it's simply purchased, and a message is sent to you that someone's bought the game for you. You can then download it at your convenience.

Ah, i'm in then.  I'll get my code later today or tommorrow.

I'm definitely in. =D

Wii code - 0429-4676-5152-6585

Country - USofA

and I own all types of controllers.