By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 bundles for just 135 Euro

Spankey said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
MikeB said:
@ NJ5

I don't want to get back to that discussion

I didn't start as you know.

Does the current situation in sales mirror your expectations of what would happen in this Christmas?

The 360 now has a cheaper entry pricing than I anticipated ( at 135 Euro) and the PS3 I expected to sell for 349 dollars this christmas. So the 360 relative to the PS3 will perform a little better than I previously expected.

That's a specific retailer discount that is not universal.

You can't claim that is the entry pricing, because it isn't. That same chain, MediaMarket, has it at 169€ in Spain - just as an example.

I wouldn't be too sure.

Maybe it's due to some glitch in the exchange rates, but around here the standard price for an standard bundle Arcade is 138 Euro pretty much countrywide.

http://www.take2.co.za/games-xbox-360-console-arcade-3170850.html R1799 or about 138 Euro. This includes VAT at 14%

I live in Spain and I was at a MediaMarket two days ago. So yes, I am pretty sure.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
Bitmap Frogs said:
Spankey said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
MikeB said:
@ NJ5

I don't want to get back to that discussion

I didn't start as you know.

Does the current situation in sales mirror your expectations of what would happen in this Christmas?

The 360 now has a cheaper entry pricing than I anticipated ( at 135 Euro) and the PS3 I expected to sell for 349 dollars this christmas. So the 360 relative to the PS3 will perform a little better than I previously expected.

That's a specific retailer discount that is not universal.

You can't claim that is the entry pricing, because it isn't. That same chain, MediaMarket, has it at 169€ in Spain - just as an example.

I wouldn't be too sure.

Maybe it's due to some glitch in the exchange rates, but around here the standard price for an standard bundle Arcade is 138 Euro pretty much countrywide.

http://www.take2.co.za/games-xbox-360-console-arcade-3170850.html R1799 or about 138 Euro. This includes VAT at 14%

I live in Spain and I was at a MediaMarket two days ago. So yes, I am pretty sure.

South Africa is further away from Europe, wouldn't you agree? so surely it should be more expensive there but it isn't for some reason. It certainly isn't manufactured there and is the PAL version, so it's imported from Europe I'm sure.
Sony hardware and the Wii are not as lucky but the price from my link is pretty mch countrywide give or take 5%

here is another link from another etailer pretty much the same price, a little cheaper though.

http://www.kalahari.net/games/Xbox-360-Arcade-Bundle/418/33701130.aspx

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

@Spankey: I wouldn't expect South African prices to be as high as Europe's since they have a weaker economy. If MS wants to grab market share from the PS2 there it would make sense to make the price as low as possible, even if that means losing money.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

It's funny that MikeB is still claiming the entry price to be 135 euros. WITH THE SPECIAL CASH BACK ACTION.... so the intial entry price is still 165 euro.. Cause that's what you pay at the counter...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

@NiKKoM: Using that logic, I saw a thread about a 50 € kickback in France for the PS3.

Does this mean I can assume the PS3 now has an entry price of 350 €? Probably less if some retailer has some nice promotions going on. If we can find such a promotion in the UK then we can use the lower exchange rates to go near the Wii price in €.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
It's funny that MikeB is still claiming the entry price to be 135 euros. WITH THE SPECIAL CASH BACK ACTION.... so the intial entry price is still 165 euro.. Cause that's what you pay at the counter...

No cashback in South Africa.

@NJ5 it only seems to be the Arcade thats cheap, and has been since October. most things are more expensive than EU i think, even after import. Must be MS trying to make a dent in the PS2 market as you've said. That said, PS3 games and X360 games are similarly priced to eachother.

i.e PS3 80GB UT3 + GT5:p bundle = 397 Euro how much is it in EU?

Unfortunately for me, South Africa is the only country I can realistically import from too

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

NJ5 said:

@NiKKoM: Using that logic, I saw a thread about a 50 € kickback in France for the PS3.

Does this mean I can assume the PS3 now has an entry price of 350 €? Probably less if some retailer has some nice promotions going on. If we can find such a promotion in the UK then we can use the lower exchange rates to go near the Wii price in €.

Yes..

let's disregard that it's a special offer.. only limited to one country.. for a limited time..

well..

if you follow MikeB's logic...

and just for the info:

The cashback action:

http://www.xbox.com/nl-nl/community/news/geldterug.htm

it's in dutch.. but you get the prices..
and look at the bottom.. this offer is from 19 september till 31 december..

NiKKoM said:

For entry pricing I of course look at the cheapest pricing, probably for countries like Sweden the PS3 and 360 pricing is much more expensive than for the Netherlands (which however does include 19% tax). Here in Europe we have an open EU market, so you can buy a console in another country and take the console to Sweden or order it online if the shop supports cross country shipping.

In some countries the PS3 is extremely expensive. The fact remains the 360 sells cheaper than I anticipated and the PS3 sells at a higher price than anticipated this holiday season. 

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB said:
NiKKoM said:

For entry pricing I of course look at the cheapest pricing, probably for countries like Sweden the PS3 and 360 pricing is much more expensive than for the Netherlands (which includes 19% tax). Here in Europe we have an open EU market, so you can buy a console in another country and take the console to Sweden or order it online if the shop supports cross country shipping.

So the entry price for the PS3 is 350 euros? cause that is the price in france...

or..

eh wait...

you can't have the cashback unless you live in that country..