By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Call Of Duty : World At War (COD5) KILLED Resistance 2 Sales!!

I'm kind of surprised that SDF didn't say something like Sony didn't actually mean sales, they meant quality. The fanboys are slacking.

Around the Network

Well, wat can u say. Not everything goes down as planned. Im kinda disappointed in R2 sales, the quality deserves much higher sales than this IMHO. Let's see if KZ2 sells alot more. If not, I think that it's a sign that the Sony fans have had enough with shooters like I am (except Uncharted, thats different :) )

As a PS3 owner, there are a lot of reasons not to buy Resistance 2.

The largest reasons being how CODwaw came out 1 week afterwards, and the knowledge that Killzone 2 is coming out in February.

That is 3 very good FPS's in a matter of a few months. Do I need all that?

All I know is that some of my friends have CODWaW and want me to get it also, (this is arguably the best COD out there for a year until IW's next effort)... and that is a big reason to buy that game.

And there is no way in hell I will not buy Killzone Day 1. That is THE shooter, until Christmas 09, (and even then it may still hold up)

Point is, regardless of how good Resistance may be, I really want the other two games as well.

The reality of the situation is I do not own any of the above mentioned games, due to a busy schedule and lack of money.

Despite the logic I have blasted into your faces above, I have asked for Resistance 2 for Christmas, and as I previously stated- will buy Killzone immediately upon release.

So for me , that just leaves COD trailing... until I can find a reason to justify buying it myself, which will probably happen over Christmas break.

And since I am incoherently rambling at this point, that will create quite a few games to play over Christmas for me, including Gears 2, Fallout 3, Resistance 2, and CODWaW, and some LBP as well.

There are many reasons not to buy Resistance 2 now.. but no justifiable reasons not to buy it sometime in the future.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

LOL. As a Sony supporter, I can't help but laugh with all the emo s**t going on with the PS3/Sony fanboys. I'm too busy playing games from this buffed up quarter of the year.

Enjoy sulking! :D

Ari_Gold said:

PS3 owners dont buy games, thats the bottom line.

Oh come on. You can do better than that.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Yes let's call this one with sales data from only one region on Resistance 2, that's smart....

(Well two, but Japan doesn't count for much..)

Username2324 said:

Yes let's call this one with sales data from only one region on Resistance 2, that's smart....

Just because there isn't complete sales data yet does not mean we can't evaluate the one region and look into why it's performing so poorly there in comparison to Call of Duty. Then again, maybe we should do what Sony wanted us to do in the first place and compare it to Gear 2 instead. Sorry, it doesn't hold weight in that comparison either.

Now it's your turn to come up with an excuse as to why Resistance 2 isn't performing spectacularly in it's first weeks. If I were you, I would go for the "slow burn" or "it will have legs" scenario, since that buys time. It's popular on this board also, so it's sure to have a few supporters quote you for truth.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
Username2324 said:

Just because there isn't complete sales data yet does not mean we can't evaluate the one region and look into why it's performing so poorly there in comparison to Call of Duty. Then again, maybe we should do what Sony wanted us to do in the first place and compare it to Gear 2 instead. Sorry, it doesn't hold weight in that comparison either.

Now it's your turn to come up with an excuse as to why Resistance 2 isn't performing spectacularly in it's first weeks. If I were you, I would go for the "slow burn" or "it will have legs" scenario, since that buys time. It's popular on this board also, so it's sure to have a few supporters quote you for truth.

Well we know that Others has the largest userbase, and that America is 360 shooter country. Is it going to sell a million in its first week of Others? I'm pretty sure it won't, but will it sell say 400,000 to keep on par with COD5? I think that's a much more likely scenario.

Either way, I'm getting tired of the "Oh it must be an awful game because it didnt sell 2 million in 24 hours" crap. Honestly, it's a game, you like it or you don't, should how much it has sold in comparison to other games matter? The game is going to be very profitable for the developers, and fun for consumers. Why bicker that it won't sell as many as a series thats 5 games long.

Username2324 said:

Well we know that Others has the largest userbase, and that America is 360 shooter country. Is it going to sell a million in its first week of Others? I'm pretty sure it won't, but will it sell say 400,000 to keep on par with COD5? I think that's a much more likely scenario.

Either way, I'm getting tired of the "Oh it must be an awful game because it didnt sell 2 million in 24 hours" crap. Honestly, it's a game, you like it or you don't, should how much it has sold in comparison to other games matter? The game is going to be very profitable for the developers, and fun for consumers. Why bicker that it won't sell as many as a series thats 5 games long.

Except for the most extreme lunatic fanboys, nobody is saying it's an awful game. But since this is a sales forum on a sales site, sales matter. If you don't want to discuss sales on a sales forum on a sales site, why are you here?

Username2324 said:
Onyxmeth said:
Username2324 said:

I don't know where you got the impression that I was judging this game's quality at all. I'm simply sticking to the topic at hand, which is comparing sales between COD: World at War and Resistance 2.

If you don't want to compare a game that is on it's first sequel as opposed to a game on it's fourth, then fine. Why don't we do what I said previously and compare why it's underperforming in comparison to Gears 2? I've given quotes from Sony's US VP of Marketing Scott Steinberg stating that Resistance was put in the hunt with Gears 2, so I suppose it's not unrealistic to assume that Sony may have expected more from Res 2 than they got thus far.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.