By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - eBay Black Friday - Wii $100 over MSRP, PS3 selling at a loss

Kenology said:

It's relevant in the same way that the Wii is still selling at inflated rates on eBay. Don't take it personally dude. At the end of the day, they're both just boxes that play games.

The Wii is relevant because systems should sell for less not more. Every product that is not supply constrained will sell for less on Ebay. The iPhone, iPod, 360, DS, and almost any other product you can name will sell for less on Ebay. It is not relevant at all. Posting a picture from 2007 will not change this.

N.B. You might want to look over my posting history or games collection. I assure you I am taking nothing personally.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
Kenology said:

It's relevant in the same way that the Wii is still selling at inflated rates on eBay. Don't take it personally dude. At the end of the day, they're both just boxes that play games.

The Wii is relevant because systems should sell for less not more. Every product that is not supply constrained will sell for less on Ebay. The iPhone, iPod, 360, DS, and almost any other product you can name will sell for less on Ebay. It is not relevant at all. Posting a picture from 2007 will not change this.

N.B. You might want to look over my posting history or games collection. I assure you I am taking nothing personally.

Feel free to take your beef up with Edge, Gnizmo. They're the ones who made the initial comparison in the article I copy/pasted/linked to.

Kenology said:

Feel free to take your beef up with Edge, Gnizmo. They're the ones who made the initial comparison in the article I copy/pasted/linked to.

Original title of the article is: "Ebay: Wii a Black Friday Winner". Your title was the only time PS3 is mentioned to be selling at a loss. The data was included because that was what ebay reported. 360 sales would have been included as well if they had been mentioned. You are doing a mediocre job of trolling PS3 fans here.

You might want to look over my posting history. I assure you that trolling is never my intention. How you interpret bad PS3 news is up to you though.

The title of the original article being what is, it was Edge that made the initial comparison in the body of the article itself. They only gave figures for the Wii, the PS3, and Wii Fit. My thread title pretty much summed up the article insofar as hardware sales are concerned.

Take what you will from it.

If this were bad PS3 news, or news at all you might have a point. This isn't news though. This is common sense being put into a thread title and put forth as bad news.

Around the Network

Wii is a hot ticket item, thats for sure

Playstation 3 owner since December 25th, 2006

Xbox's are also selling on eBay for below retail. Xbox may not be mentioned due to there being a number eBay advertisements for Xbox lately.

men, i just want to buy a wii at 279$ then sell it right after Christmas when there'll be a wii shortage for 500$ or more

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I need to sell my little brother's wii, we'll buy it back later.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler