By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you offended if someone insults/supports a religion/political group?

vlad321 said:
I can see where this thread is headed....

Me too... about 6 VGChartz bans before it's all over with.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network
Quartz said:
Are you offended if someone insults/supports a religion/political group?

No

Each to their own as far as I'm concerned

*Takes immediate neutral stance...

What makes a good man go neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heart full of neutrality?

I hate it when people insult a religion.

Anything else is fine though, except forcing beliefs on other people.

Basically, never talk about your religion in public unless it's called for.

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

insults yes, i would be offended, if its a joke i would understand though

if you have a different view point or religion than me, i don't really care about that, i am not very religious person or political person anyways

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I only get irritated when people put down someone else's beliefs, as there is no reason for it. Politics are one thing, but there is no reason to belittle anyone's faith - it simply is intolerant.

Around the Network

Depends on how they do it. I will never tell people what to believe and will never get offended what they believe in, that's their own thing, but I do get bothered when people try to tell me what to believe in or belittle peoples beliefs because it doesn't go with their own or they're just ignorant.

The only thing that really offends me is stupidity and hypocrisy, so it's not really WHAT gets insulted or supported so much as the thought(or lack of it) I see going into that stance.
Obvious conflicts and erroneous assumptions passed off as facts are what usually sets me off.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

yes i get offended

I find it amusing to debate mormons, to see the look on there face when you draw all the connections between there religion and how they ripped off a good amount from freemasonry (their secret handshake thats suppose to get them into heaven for example)

Then when you show how their is more occult symbology on their buildings and symbols they use than anything that has to do with the god they think there worshipping , well the look they give is priceless.

I respect all religions though and people with their own beliefs and I really could careless if anyone makes fun of mine. People need to have a sense of humour sometimes.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

I'm offended by 90% of things. I am offended when people support Labour Party. They are a bunch of d*** loving **m swappers. I hope all those that support them have flesh burned off while alive. I ever get into a position of power the labor party would be annexed and Gorden brown & Tony Blair sentenced without trial to death as traitors to the country.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions