By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2009 Last Chance For SONY? Microsoft Domination Continues

Darth Tigris said:
Best 3rd place selling console EVER (likely better than most 2nd place consoles) is the equivalent of 'dead'?

Wow. You guys are harsh.

Amen.

Around the Network
PDF said:
Money for trophies?!?!?!?

are you kidding me. Sure it would make people want the PS3 but this is just a ridiculous idea that would never happen

Agree, but it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to tie trophies to your PSN wallet and give you a code for DLC on an achievement. Why not get a freebie $1.99 sackboy costume as a reward for 100%'ing your trophy card for LBP, for example?

Do you people even know what the word "dominate" means? Wii is dominating the PS3. At best the 360 is edging it out.

I fink the Ps3 wuld be better off it wuld sell for $200. Then ppl wuld buy it n play LBP or someting.

the ps3 will do just fine, WAIT AND SEE

Around the Network

You got this from the hiphopgamer. All credibility in this thread is lost.

http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-238347.aspx

I just think that if the 360 outsells the ps3 in '09 the ps3 will not have enough time to gain the lead. And if it does eventually outsell the 360 the victory will be hollow because the gen will be close to over.

kjj4t9rdad said:
kowenicki said:
@ CGI

Whilst I agree with most of what you said, I dont see how any of those games are going to move hardware of significance....except for possibly GT5. Yes there are a few others there that will drive sales of consoles in Japan... but Japan = handhelds now.

2009 will be better for the PS3 than 2008 but it will for the 360 too.

This gen will be unusual in that we will have 3 consoles with relatively high sales.

You should look at some history.  None of the previous consoles have had a better 4th year than 3rd.  So history says the 360 will not have a better 09 than 08.  On the same theme, the consoles do thier best in year #3.

This gen has proved that history is being made every day.  Forget the rules.

Darth Tigris said:
kjj4t9rdad said:
kowenicki said:
@ CGI

Whilst I agree with most of what you said, I dont see how any of those games are going to move hardware of significance....except for possibly GT5. Yes there are a few others there that will drive sales of consoles in Japan... but Japan = handhelds now.

2009 will be better for the PS3 than 2008 but it will for the 360 too.

This gen will be unusual in that we will have 3 consoles with relatively high sales.

You should look at some history.  None of the previous consoles have had a better 4th year than 3rd.  So history says the 360 will not have a better 09 than 08.  On the same theme, the consoles do thier best in year #3.

This gen has proved that history is being made every day.  Forget the rules.

I agree.  This gen is nothing like the past.

On top of that, Nintendo isn't going anywhere, they've been successfuk in the industry way too long to ever throw in the towel (especially considering they are running away with the towel anyway)

Sony isn't dropping out of the race either, the PS2 made them way to much money, and their fanbase is too loyal.

And Microsoft, we all know that they have a bottomless pit of cash, and they'll never quit.  I mean, their first 5 million versions of Windows sucked hardcore and they still didn't giveup until they had taken over 99% of the worlds PCs.

Long story short, all three will survive the current generation, and all three will give us more to love in the next one.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

I advise Sony fans not to take the March price cut for granted. It's just a rumor, it just concerns Europe and we don't even have the hard numbers on Sony's financial situation for the next few quarters (although it doesn't look good by all indications).

A price cut is possible under certain circumstances, but don't assume it will happen because it's quite likely you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957