By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Square Enix 08 sales Down 75%

I think Square Enix is in big trouble, and will remain so until they stop acting like microsoft is their new best friend

Around the Network

Profits are up, I think that what matters the most. In 2005 SE sold like 1.5 million units of software in Japan, and was #9 biggest publisher in the country. Then in 2006 they are #2 thanks to Final Fantasy XII and in 2007 #2 again thanks to crazy amount of successfull DS games. If anything, it's not the first "slow" year for SE.

It is also clear that it doesnt have anything to do with the Wii, PS3 or 360 support. It's all about the handhelds.

Besides, what crazy titles for the articles about SE will we have in 2009! - Like, sales are up 400% or 500% compared to 2008! Dragon Quest IX and Final Fantasy XIII during one year, have something like that ever happened before?

Next year will be then very succesfull? DQIX and FFXIII?

FFXIII on it's own will probably sell more copies than all titles from this year.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
Sigh they could have easily added at least 100 or more probably 200k more if they released IU on PS3.

Infinite Undiscovery is owned by Microsoft. Just like Halo.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
FFXIII on it's own will probably sell more copies than all titles from this year.

With the possibility to beat 07 aswell.

Squenix only produced crap-games this year. And they don't have one decent title for the most important console in japan.

@ z101 )

hum? they had lots of games for the DS, the by far most important console in japan

of course the sales is down. Targetting JRPG to a console under a million install base in Japan?

not that they are losing money, with all those underhanded cash by M$. SALES is down, Profit is still there. (or at least I hope they are, for SE's sake)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
DirtyP2002 said:
Zlejedi said:
Sigh they could have easily added at least 100 or more probably 200k more if they released IU on PS3.

Infinite Undiscovery is owned by Microsoft. Just like Halo.

Nope its not, released by Square Enix, designed by Tri Ace. Square Enix is the official owner of the game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/data/935661.html

About Halo you're absolutely right:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/data/926632.html

Can't say I'm surprised nor disappointed.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo