By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Black Mesa Source

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/MINERVA

Around the Network

Wow, that actually looks really good! I'll have to try it out. Original Half-Life was a lot of fun!

PC Gamer
Dallinor said:
Wow, I thought this project was never going to see the light of day.

I'm very interested in playing the final result, those guys must have worked their asses off to make that possible.

Are they even getting payed to make it?

Probably not but at the same time if it does well and gets good reception I wouldn't be surprised if Valve picked them up fast. The team that made portal was picked up after they saw a college project they made.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

yea the teaser looked absolutely amazing.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

how long has this been going on... I remember reading a bout it in 2004 on a mod site... moddb or something

Around the Network

It's been going on since Half-Life 2 came out. I believe they started to make this mod after Valve merely ported the original Half-Life to the source engine when people would have really liked something more than just Half-Life 1 with some added effects.

Thus, this mod was born to try and recreate Half-Life 1 fully in the source engine.

Holy CRAP!! looks good is an understatement!

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

Grahamhsu said:
Dallinor said:
Wow, I thought this project was never going to see the light of day.

I'm very interested in playing the final result, those guys must have worked their asses off to make that possible.

Are they even getting payed to make it?

Probably not but at the same time if it does well and gets good reception I wouldn't be surprised if Valve picked them up fast. The team that made portal was picked up after they saw a college project they made.

That's the fun thing about Valve.  They're like... the hope of mod makers everywhere. 

Valve picking up and paying modders really made the whole Mod thing seem more important etc.