By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gaming Question?

Debating on what to Purchase! Would you rather game on either: a 26" Lcd TV 720p with a Digital Tuner, or a 24" Lcd Computer Monitor with 1920x1080 Resolution? Both having Multiple Hdmi Inputs. I have a PS3 and 360. Your Suggestions Please, And Why? Thanx!!!

Around the Network

LCD TV

I actually game on a 24" LCD monitor just make sure you have a way to get sound. I do and its great. It will actually look better on the monitor. Just make sure you put 1080 P on manually cause for some reason your ps3 says it won't use it when it most definently can.

The monitor will have much higher qaulity. the 1980 X 1050.   That's 1080 P level your tv only goes 720

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

They say you cant really notice 1080p on a screen size less than 50". Does that matter on Computer monitors also, or is it completely different?

size of screen, and sitting distance need to be considered when deciding on if you need 1080p over 720p, however, I don't know the specifics. You will probably have to be sitting right in front of the monitor (as if sitting at a desk) for it to have a noticeable difference.

Can you buy both and return one after comparing them? I would do this if it is an option.

Without the ability to compare, I would go with the 26" 720p tv, as the extra 2" is nice, and it will have built in speakers (does the monitor have built in speakers). Also, it is debatable if you would notice the difference with the extra resolution.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
sly69saldana said:

Debating on what to Purchase! Would you rather game on either: a 26" Lcd TV 720p with a Digital Tuner, or a 24" Lcd Computer Monitor with 1920x1080 Resolution? Both having Multiple Hdmi Inputs. I have a PS3 and 360. Your Suggestions Please, And Why? Thanx!!!

I have a 20 inch LCD 720p Sanyo TV,Do NOT get the TV,it makes games look like cartoons,example- COD4 everything looks water colored.

I just bought an 24 inch computer monitor and it works great.

nordlead said:
size of screen, and sitting distance need to be considered when deciding on if you need 1080p over 720p, however, I don't know the specifics. You will probably have to be sitting right in front of the monitor (as if sitting at a desk) for it to have a noticeable difference.

Can you buy both and return one after comparing them? I would do this if it is an option.

Without the ability to compare, I would go with the 26" 720p tv, as the extra 2" is nice, and it will have built in speakers (does the monitor have built in speakers). Also, it is debatable if you would notice the difference with the extra resolution.

Yes the 24" Monitor has speakers, but I have a 5.1 desktop speaker setup that I am going to use.

Garnett said:
sly69saldana said:

I have a 20 inch LCD 720p Sanyo TV,Do NOT get the TV,it makes games look like cartoons,example- COD4 everything looks water colored.

I just bought an 24 inch computer monitor and it works great.

He didn't give a brand. You bought a cheap Sanyo TV. There are a lot better cheap brands than Sanyo, and he may be considering a high end TV. Like I said, you are best off comparing and then deciding.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

How about a Computer monitor with resolution of 1920x1200, does it or will it make any kind of difference?

sly69saldana said:
How about a Computer monitor with resolution of 1920x1200, does it or will it make any kind of difference?

Depends on the Size and its way better than 1080,but you will only be able to go up to 1080 since the console GPU are limited.