By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ravving Rabbids TV Party - Quick Thoughts

Having rented the game today and played it for a few hours on solo mode, I'll out and say it - I'm impressed. Now, I've always been a Ravving rabbids fan, ever since the first one, but the games were missing or lacking in areas. TV party has me cracking up, trying desperately to match dance moves, and just overall making me look at the balance board in different ways. I've always appreciated how Ravving Rabbids makes unique use of the Wii controls, and the balance board is no exception. Who'd have thought to use it as gas/brake/skid out pedals? Very cool.

Overall Im impressed thus far, the controls feel great and its a blast. Cant wait to get some people over and test out the multiplayer mode.

Around the Network

Any impressions on how it'd be like without the balance board?

^^^ Not all the games use the balance board, but I can pretty much tell how they'd be mapped out, and I think the driving games would play much like the cattle racing games in Ravving Rabbids (2?) I think that the projectile games might actually play better without the balance board, since it'd probably be used with the nunchuck stick. Shifting body weight to create projectile arc is harder than you might think. I don't think the game necessarily would suffer without the board, but it does add another mechanic into your motions, obviously =) I don't think the Johnny Knoxville in space game would be as fun without the board, tho it'd still be fun overall.

Also, I love the intuitive humor - Little Big Jackpot - its a bite off of the simplistic yet realistic physics platformer - Little Big Planet.