By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Littlebigplanet = LittlebigFlop

So I have reached the conclusion that a lot of people are extremely upset with the fact that LBP is the highest rated HD exclusive so far this gen.

Suck it up people...this game is no flop.

Around the Network

are pancakes at ihope not that popular anymore?

I thought the game was mad fun, and sold damn well.

4 ≈ One

Sony paid for the high LBP reviews on Gamerankings and Metacritics. The sales of LBP have been below expectations. Bundles of the game should help a bit though and it could sell 2 million copies over its life time.

High game reviews are bought by companies to sell their games and help generate hype to boost sales of the game. All three companies Nintendo, Sony and MS have paid for high game reviews over time to help boost sales of games.

It's a new OP,  platformer in 2008.  It is what it is. It's not genre defining.  It's not something that is completely different from previous iterations.

Expecting it to sell even remotely close to a First Person Shooter is crazy.  The game deserves to be sold like hot cakes off the shelves.  It brings casual and hardcore gamers into a nice middle ground and the game itself is ingenius and creative.LBP will have legs.  The more people play it,  the more the word get's out.  This game will sell steadily.  It's not going to break records but it will have solid sales. 

Who cares what people on here thought it would be?  People on here thought Banjo Kazooie would have amazing sales.  

LBP is doing well considering the low attach rate for PS3 users, the lower install base, being a new OP,  being a legacy style of gaming, etc.

Around the Network
numonex said:

Sony paid for the high LBP reviews on Gamerankings and Metacritics. The sales of LBP have been below expectations. Bundles of the game should help a bit though and it could sell 2 million copies over its life time.

High game reviews are bought by companies to sell their games and help generate hype to boost sales of the game. All three companies Nintendo, Sony and MS have paid for high game reviews over time to help boost sales of games.

interesting theory.

Do you have any credible links to support that?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Spankey said:
numonex said:

interesting theory.

Hmmm. Wonder how much Nintendo paid them for Wii Music ...

Exception that disproves the theory?

Ok since that most people say that it only has like 3 days to sell in Nov and it sold over 200,000 copies, what happen if this game fails to crack the Top 10 on NPD tomorrow? Sorry folks but this game sold well but it was never going to attract the casual like Wii Sports or Mario Kart or the Hardcore fans like a Halo. It will be a cult classic though.

It will not be in the top 10 in Nov NPD.

reask said:
I was watching the toy show Friday on TV in Ireland, it is on every year.

Anyway this teenager was playing 360 and ps3 games.

Scene it was the 360 game LPB was the ps3 game.

when the presenter asked the kid what she thought she said scene it was good fun.

When he asked about LPB she said it was the most fun she had all year with any game.

So I suppose sales are not everything.

little big planet made me giggle ! YES giggle when i first tried it XD

furthermore the campaign is cool and in coop it's one of the funniest games ever !

oh yeah

LittleBigPlanet Sony Computer Entertainment 52,178 7.53 0.96m 15th Oct 08

Almost at a million sold now :p i wouldn't constitute that a flop. It has great legs.

Check out my game about moles ^

phisheep said:
Spankey said:
numonex said:

interesting theory.

Hmmm. Wonder how much Nintendo paid them for Wii Music ...

Exception that disproves the theory?

oh lol!

Proud Sony Rear Admiral