By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - I'm having a weird glitch with some threads

Well, this is kinda weird what's happening, it started yesterday with the "Say something about the person posting above you (II)" thread, now this night it's happening the same with the "Hablemos en Español" thread

As of now, they look like this (right click -> view image)

Notice the negative number where the new posts should be and the red thing at the side

Also, no matter how many times I go into any of the threads, the red thing doesn't go away, as if there was a new post when there isn't any. Also, I checked it, it happens both with Firefox and Chrome. All the other threads behave normally

Any idea what might be happening?

Around the Network

It happens to me with the "Ten Week Countdown Thread"

^_^

I dunno. Weird.

I think that the reason the red doesn't dissapear is this.

Person X enters thread, and trolls. Gets permabanned.

There is now a post in the thread, that you haven't read. You cannot read it though. It will however, not stay there if you exit your browser (at least not for me), and go into VGChartz again. It will also go away if you visit the banned person's wall, and check the post.

That is just guesswork though.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:

I think that the reason the red doesn't dissapear is this.

Person X enters thread, and trolls. Gets permabanned.

There is now a post in the thread, that you haven't read. You cannot read it though. It will however, not stay there if you exit your browser (at least not for me), and go into VGChartz again. It will also go away if you visit the banned person's wall, and check the post.

That is just guesswork though.

It may very well be that, but I have tried closing the browser (heck, I even tried with another browser) and it says. Still, it's strange, because in the Spanish thread it happened right after I made a post there (my post is still the last one, if you check), so I dunno what has happened

Around the Network

I'm getting the same with 360>PS3 350k Thread ...

TalonMan said:
Ahhhh - interesting bug. Has to do with the fact that you once had your 'maxposts' set to '10', and now it's '50'.

I'm betting (and you can confirm or deny but I just tested this theory and had the same result) you had that board open, popped 'edit profile' in a new window and changed your maxposts, then without refreshing the page that was displaying that board, clicked the 'last page' which shot you to no-man's land... ...and messed up the post count.

I'll get this worked out...

I went to edit profile but didn't change my posts per thread count.

The same thing happened to me with the Official Castlevania Judgment Thread. You can even ask astrosmash!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

TalonMan said:
Ahhhh - interesting bug. Has to do with the fact that you once had your 'maxposts' set to '10', and now it's '50'.

I'm betting (and you can confirm or deny but I just tested this theory and had the same result) you had that board open, popped 'edit profile' in a new window and changed your maxposts, then without refreshing the page that was displaying that board, clicked the 'last page' which shot you to no-man's land... ...and messed up the post count.

I'll get this worked out...

You know what, now that I remember it, something like that happened. I didn't change my post count (always at 50), but I looked for the spanish thread in the search option (because it wasn't on the first page), and I opened the first link, and like you said, it sent me to no-man's land (page 200-something when it's in reality on 45). Probably did something similar with the other thread too

Yeah, now it's perfectly fixed. Thanks, TalonMan, that was super quick