By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - how much money can you get by trading in a 80gig PS3

My Friend has a 80gig PS3 that he want's to trade into Gamestop for a 60gig Pro Xbox 360.  Anyone know how much money he would get for that?

EDIT--Also does anyone know where he can get a brand new xbox for cheaper than the normal price??

Around the Network

Tell the guy not to come on this site or else he will bear witness to purest form of sony fanboys like this.
O yes and to answer the question it depends where he is trading it. prob 250-320

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

sell it on ebay. gamespot will rip u off big time!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

he wants to trade it in within the next week. O and i'll tell him the advice, lol

Probably not enough for it to be worth it. Try ebay, Craigslist, or perhaps the want ads.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
he wants to trade it in within the next week. O and i'll tell him the advice, lol

Trust me, he's better off waiting. Let the 360 wait. I doubt Gamestop would give you much more than $200

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
yo_john117 said:

Trust me, he's better off waiting. Let the 360 wait. I doubt Gamestop would give you much more than $200

He's absolutly set about gettin a 360 as soon as possible cause he wants to play halo online

I think it's a good decision.
If he can't afford both, the 360 is the way to go.

So many good games.

Tell him to try:

CRACKDOWN!
Mass Effect
Lost Odyssey
Braid
Kameo
Gears of War 1-2
Banjo-Kazooie N&B
Fable 2 !!!
Halo3
Viva Pinata!!!
Dead Rising
Forza 2
Dead or Alive 4

...overwhelming.

My Gaming Setup

yo_john117 said:
Pristine20 said:
yo_john117 said:

He's absolutly set about gettin a 360 as soon as possible cause he wants to play halo online

In that case I hope he has an extra $200 to get Halo 3 and the 360 pro. If he survived w/o playing Halo for this long, I can't comprehend the desperation now.

Pristine20 said:
yo_john117 said:
Pristine20 said:
yo_john117 said:

In that case I hope he has an extra $200 to get Halo 3 and the 360 pro. If he survived w/o playing Halo for this long, I can't comprehend the desperation now.

I got him hooked