By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Indiana Jones hits 1 million!

Munkeh111 said:
famousringo said:
Munkeh111 said:
I don't understand why they don't bundle their big games?

Two reasons I can think of.

First, the contract to buy a couple million copies of low-budget games like these to bundle with hardware is going to be cheaper than a contract to buy a similar volume of big-budget titles like Gears 2 and Fallout 3. Bundled games are effectively sold below the MSRP, so it costs you less to cannibalize sales of $30 games than $60 games.

Second, MS is still trying to shed the hardcore image they've worked so hard to cultivate and promote themselves as family-friendly entertainment. They see what Nintendo has done and they want to crack into the casual space. So they're bundling E-rated games to try to build that association and distance themselves from all the M games which sell really well on 360.

Good answer, though I am surprised we have not seen a lips or in the movies bundle in addition to the Indi/KFP bundle

Well, there is that bizarre Pussycat Dolls/Lips bundle. Oz only, though.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Munkeh111 said:
famousringo said:
Munkeh111 said:

First, the contract to buy a couple million copies of low-budget games like these to bundle with hardware is going to be cheaper than a contract to buy a similar volume of big-budget titles like Gears 2 and Fallout 3. Bundled games are effectively sold below the MSRP, so it costs you less to cannibalize sales of $30 games than $60 games.

Second, MS is still trying to shed the hardcore image they've worked so hard to cultivate and promote themselves as family-friendly entertainment. They see what Nintendo has done and they want to crack into the casual space. So they're bundling E-rated games to try to build that association and distance themselves from all the M games which sell really well on 360.

Good answer, though I am surprised we have not seen a lips or in the movies bundle in addition to the Indi/KFP bundle

I thought this was a family-friendly bundle.......

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

congrats indy

SaviorX said:
badgenome said:
Munkeh111 said:
famousringo said:
Munkeh111 said:

I laughed!

d21lewis said:
SaviorX said:
badgenome said:
Munkeh111 said:
famousringo said:
Munkeh111 said:

I laughed!

i got disappointed...

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:
d21lewis said:
SaviorX said:
badgenome said:
Munkeh111 said:
famousringo said:
Munkeh111 said:

I laughed!

i got disappointed...

I said ROFFLE!

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Hmm, who would've thought that Lego Indiana Jones, Kung Fu Panda, and Sega Superstars Tennis would reach a million on the 360 before any other platforms? The amount of bundles this generation is simply staggering.

the 360 cheated last year...

Look at the sales of Marvel UA and then cry......

Forza's sales are about 2x higher than they should be.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
the 360 cheated last year...

Look at the sales of Marvel UA and then cry......

Forza's sales are about 2x higher than they should be.

the wii cheated every year, look at wii sports, wii play, mario cart, wii fit.

Toastboy, only one of those is bundled with the console. The PS3 and 360 have had...a lot.