By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Indiana Jones hits 1 million!

on 360 alone.

It says on the front page about 250,000 elites and pros were sold in the united states on black friday. All of those have indiana jones bundled in them...

Around the Network

Kung Fu Panda and Sega Superstars Tennis will follow!

That's cheating

I don't understand why they don't bundle their big games?

I say it's fair. Bundled games have always counted. Look at Wii Sports.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network
melbye said:
That's cheating

Nope. Games sold are games sold, whether your customer is a snot-nosed brat in a Gamestop or a Microsoft manager buying bulk to bundle with hardware.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Munkeh111 said:

Two reasons I can think of.

First, the contract to buy a couple million copies of low-budget games like these to bundle with hardware is going to be cheaper than a contract to buy a similar volume of big-budget titles like Gears 2 and Fallout 3. Bundled games are effectively sold below the MSRP, so it costs you less to cannibalize sales of $30 games than $60 games.

Second, MS is still trying to shed the hardcore image they've worked so hard to cultivate and promote themselves as family-friendly entertainment. They see what Nintendo has done and they want to crack into the casual space. So they're bundling E-rated games to try to build that association and distance themselves from all the M games which sell really well on 360.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Munkeh111 said:

What games should they bundle? Halo 3? It still sells 20k to 30k a week. Don't need to bundle that.

I'd like to see an rpg pack. Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon. Probably wouldn't sell much, though, as jrpgs haven't fared well this gen. But Lego Indy and Kung Fu Panda aren't that bad to bundle. Parents, usually clueless, see those harmless games and are probably more inclined to pick up that bundle for their kid over a shooter or rpg bundle.

Munkeh111 said:

Do they make a profit with the bundle games?  I believe their big games are selling great by themselves.  If they bundled them, they would lose the profit from selling these games seperately.  The console is selling great, if the sales start to slip, they may start to bundle their big games.

famousringo said:
Munkeh111 said:

Two reasons I can think of.

First, the contract to buy a couple million copies of low-budget games like these to bundle with hardware is going to be cheaper than a contract to buy a similar volume of big-budget titles like Gears 2 and Fallout 3. Bundled games are effectively sold below the MSRP, so it costs you less to cannibalize sales of $30 games than $60 games.

Second, MS is still trying to shed the hardcore image they've worked so hard to cultivate and promote themselves as family-friendly entertainment. They see what Nintendo has done and they want to crack into the casual space. So they're bundling E-rated games to try to build that association and distance themselves from all the M games which sell really well on 360.

Good answer, though I am surprised we have not seen a lips or in the movies bundle in addition to the Indi/KFP bundle