By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil creator "probably won't play" Resident Evil 5

Soriku said:
Unfortunately, Western gamers will gobble it up just because it's another shooter :3

Does anyone believe they made iy more shooter-y just because they need more sales in the Western market due to low HD console Japanese sales?

How is that unfortunate if the game sells maybe even more than previous iterations? :O

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Because if it sells really well they'll just stick to the shooter fornula instead of changing stuff...like going back to survival horror.

Oh so you meant unfortunate for you.. well, I doubt that the devs care about you. ;P

I loved Resident Evil 1...

why can't it be like that again!

why capcom why!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:

why capcom why!

See, this is what I'm talking about D:

Ok. :P I never cared for RE but I am going to get RE5, so it is not unfortunate for everyone. :D

Soriku said:
darthdevidem01 said:

why capcom why!

See, this is what I'm talking about D:

The strategy....the puzzles all seem to be gone

Even witht he PS1 graphics (well at that time I thought they were amazing) the sense of FEAR as you go in each room....sense of desperation was HUGE.

I just don't see it anymore....in RE5 I can't see it anywhere!

Around the Network

@Esa-Petteri

thats why Capcom made it the way it is....ITS ALL YOUR FAULT!

lol....but seriously the need for better grfx n stuff destroyed it for me.....n Japan follows a downward trend as the series went away from its roots

I have said it before and will say it again. RE5 is not going to be anything like the Resident Evil we know and love and the reason for this is to get the game to appeal to the Xbox360 shooter crowd. I guess you can't blame Capcom after all they are a business so they have to do what sells.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

tuoyo said:
I have said it before and will say it again. RE5 is not going to be anything like the Resident Evil we know and love and the reason for this is to get the game to appeal to the Xbox360 shooter crowd. I guess you can't blame Capcom after all they are a business so they have to do what sells.

Huh. Just got a scary thought. What if capcom would have gone the wii way... you would get attacked by mii's. That would be scary. :D

CGI-Quality said:
I agree with him, I sure do not like the way the franchise has turned from true survival horror, to now being like just another shooter. Having said this I'll still buy it, but I miss the days of Zombies, Lickers, Hunters, The Tyrant etc, etc, etc. Resident Evil needs to be reinvented.

I'll just be glad if I can play a shooter-like Resi on PS3 and a classic Resi style Resi on the Wii. Split the franchise, Capcom!

I first played Resident Evil 4 and I thought the series was amazing. Then I played REmake and RE0 and boy was I wrong. REmake > Any other RE. That game literally scared me every time I went into a new room.