By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - From what I heard Gears of war 2 is the best tps this year.

My friend and I both agree that this is the best third person shooter this year. Do you guys think so?

Around the Network

......I'm not going even bother say anything to this...

Former something....

Well it sure had lots of competition.

Dead Space was pretty good, too :)

Best shooter of the year = Left 4 Dead. Best TPS, yeah Gears 2, and as a shooter I guess it could come in second, but L4D is phenomenal.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

Um...Metal Gear Solid 4?

MontanaHatchet said:
Well it sure had lots of competition.

Kinda reminds me of the time people made topics about LBP being the best 2D platformer of the year. I'm sure that had lots of competition, too!

On topic: I'm the opposite of Shadowblind; Gears 2 is shooter of the year for me with L4D running a very close second.

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

I'm fairly sure this game has the best campaign of any _person shooter this year, period.

I think it beats out World at War, campaign wise, barely(WaW is AWESOME).

I think it blows R2 away, campaignwise, unarguably.

L4D doesn't have a SP campaign, less you count bots(how I play it).

L4D is great, though. I think Gears 2 ended up being slightly better. Calling it the "best tps of the year" is a needless condition. It's the best shooter of the year. Don't be afraid to call it that.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

I'm fairly sure this game has the best campaign of any _person shooter this year, period.

I think it beats out World at War, campaign wise, barely(WaW is AWESOME).

I think it blows R2 away, campaignwise, unarguably.

L4D doesn't have a SP campaign, less you count bots(how I play it).

L4D is great, though. I think Gears 2 ended up being slightly better. Calling it the "best tps of the year" is a needless condition. It's the best shooter of the year. Don't be afraid to call it that.

/agree

I think he called it best tps in mockery of the other topic some troll posted and then never came on again afterwards : "Is R2 the best fps of the year? because that's what I heard." Afterwards, since people can't put Gears into the equation (not a fps), it became a debate over L4D, CoD:WaW and R2. Knowing the majority of people on this site, you can conclude where that went..

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

*sigh...* Cant beat MGS4's "campaign"