By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why I dislike Sony: Long Post

SaviorX said:
Don't worry SmokedHostage

Most people dissin you here are the same ones who thought LBP would outsell Gears of War 2, Fable 2, and Wii Music.

I don't usually buy Sony stuff, but I'm on my 3rd PS2.

So the PS2 is so great to your eyes your on a third one?

Around the Network

I hate Sony the most on this website so only I should have the right to start this thread.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

bouzane said:
Xen said:
The DC's death is mostly because of Sega, not Sony.

QFT

PS. After looking at your game collection I never would have guessed that you were a Dreamcast fan SmokedHostage.

I love the Dreamcast... Such a magicial machine it was.. Most of my games were traded in though.  Still, I have my cousin's DC to play from time to time along with my handful of games.

Pixel Art can be fun.

@smoked hostage

Japan going down the TUBE will have NO MAJOR IMPACT on videogames as long as it still pumps out software...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

SmokedHostage said:
McDonald said:
1. Sony makes high quality products. The failure rate of PS3's is extremely low. they make great TV's and much more. They are one of the most trusted names in electronics. I'm sorry your laptop broke, but theres no guarantee if you had a different brand laptop it would be working perfectly.

2. So your pissed PS2 destroyed the Dreamcast? And a DVD player isn't a gimmick, motion controls are.

3. The controllers are similar, but still different enough. The 360 controller took more from the Dualshock than the PS1 took from the N64 controller.

4. Firstly your from USA so don't worry about Japan. Secondly GT5 and FF13 and vs 13 are the Japan love your looking for.

1.) it was a desktop... >:

2.) Yea.. that's why the boomerang controller was replaced with Sixaxis..

3.) At the very least, MS didn't make billions copying Ninty

4.) Japan is the motherland for gaming.. when it goes down the tubes, I'm sure gaming will go down the tubes with it.

Japan is not the motherland of gaming, America is. Gaming originated in America and many great games are still produced there.

Around the Network

i dislike gaming companies in general

Playing Assassin's Creed and Resident evil 5 <3

I dont want to be fanboy anymore...Why? it takes to much work but i will call on ppl on there B.S!!!:)

bouzane said:
SmokedHostage said:
McDonald said:
1. Sony makes high quality products. The failure rate of PS3's is extremely low. they make great TV's and much more. They are one of the most trusted names in electronics. I'm sorry your laptop broke, but theres no guarantee if you had a different brand laptop it would be working perfectly.

2. So your pissed PS2 destroyed the Dreamcast? And a DVD player isn't a gimmick, motion controls are.

3. The controllers are similar, but still different enough. The 360 controller took more from the Dualshock than the PS1 took from the N64 controller.

4. Firstly your from USA so don't worry about Japan. Secondly GT5 and FF13 and vs 13 are the Japan love your looking for.

1.) it was a desktop... >:

2.) Yea.. that's why the boomerang controller was replaced with Sixaxis..

3.) At the very least, MS didn't make billions copying Ninty

4.) Japan is the motherland for gaming.. when it goes down the tubes, I'm sure gaming will go down the tubes with it.

Japan is not the motherland of gaming, America is. Gaming originated in America and many great games are still produced there.

The modern industry began with a Japanese company and 2 out of 3 of console manufacturers are Japanese.  Also a good part of major third parties are Japanese.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Something I forgot to mention, I find it ironic that Sony is bashed on for unreliable hardware and yet consoles like the Dreamcast seem to be immune to such criticisms. I have yet to have a Playstation fail on me but I've had to replace my Dreamcast more than once. Sony is not the only company to "copy" their competitors, produce faulty hardware or use poor business practices. I could easily produce threads criticizing Nintendo, Microsoft or even Sega but it's just silly to do so.

bouzane said:
Something I forgot to mention, I find it ironic that Sony is bashed on for unreliable hardware and yet consoles like the Dreamcast seem to be immune to such criticisms. I have yet to have a Playstation fail on me but I've had to replace my Dreamcast more than once. Sony is not the only company to "copy" their competitors, produce faulty hardware or use poor business practices. I could easily produce threads criticizing Nintendo, Microsoft or even Sega but it's just silly to do so.

I'm glad I'm not you then.. D;

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:

I'm likely going to be banned for this but I just need to get this off my chest.  I really can't say I hate Sony because they used to have some good hardware in the 90's.  Hell even the PS1 was fairly solid in my eyes.  But as time has gone by my opinion of them is going down and down.

1.) My old Vaio

I never had a computer crash as often as my Sony Vaio.  I currently own 2 Dell Desktops, 1 Toshiba Labtop, and one Compaq Desktop and they haven't crashed in several months.  My old Vaio, on the other hand, crashed once every month I owned it.  On top of that, the motherboard fried.. but I can't really blame Sony for that.. can I?

Blame windows not sony!!!!, they don't make the OS, and sony laptops are known for being reliable.

2.) The Uprooting of the Dreamcast

Much like people say the Wii only says because of the gimmicky controller, I think the bulk of PS2 sales were for its gimmicky DVD player.  I honestly believe the PS2 would have been more competitive with the Dreamcast if it didn't have the DVD player.  Damn you Sony, you killed one of my favorite consoles of all time.

no,sega, killed SEGA, no sony, it would have been dead either way by the xbox or GC hands anyway.

3.) Sony actually copying Ninty

Yes I said it.

If it wasn't for N64 controller being announced, this would have been the Playstation one controller.  Notice the lack of Dual analog.  Doesn't look familar?

A hybrid of 2 Ninty controllers.. tisk tisk.

Also..

Hmm..

Tell me I'm not the only one who sees something wrong here.

yes you are the only one because they are similar but if didn't you notice they are more likely casualities.

if you didn't notice cellphones, notebooks, desktops PCS, look alike too but they are not copied from each it other.

they use form factors, and you can't copyright formfactor, like going and patent the a square or a circle. and nintendo can't do that ;).

4.) Where's the Japanese love?

They release a grill and have limited games for the Japanese audience.  Of course HD gaming is dying in that region.  My advice, work on a smaller PS3 and "Moneyhat" some JRPG's.  Japanese gaming may be in decline but at the very least try to release something... Legend of the Dragoon HD maybe?

actually japanese PSN got tons of ps games RPGS, but american don't, blame the such protected demographic.

and even so own japanese developers aren't making tons of games  like before, the whole japan gaming it's on dry.

for short i think you are looking someone to blame for your bad luck, i built once a pc at the third year everything connected to it fry i only could save the HDD.

but the one that put that pc was me, so who i am going to blame? and unless it was something intentional like RROD fiasco you have no one to hate.