By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - From what i heard resistance 2 is best first person shooter this year.

You heard very wrong.

Single-Player in R2 is completely fucked. Co-op and competitive are fun though.

Around the Network

@ DMeisterJ

Single-Player in R2 is completely fucked.

In what way? The game did download a patch in the beginning, but I have experienced no major issues in the single player campaign (it gets really awesome!). Did you finish the campaign and download this patch?

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

one must play all shooters in this year to be able to judge that :P

leo-j said:
Ari_Gold said:
dallascowboysfan101 said:
Ari_Gold said:
you heard wrong, its the most overrated FPS of the year

i heard this everywhere

too much coincidence don't you think

Or maybe too many P$3 fanboys such as myself loving a good game 

On topic:

Yes its the best FPS in my sony opinion this year.

leo you would praise the ps3 no matter what it does 

it isnt the best fps the year tbh i dont know what is 

Feel free to check out my 8 montages at www.youtube.co.uk/stonj 

you can also find me at myspace.com/jamiestoner47 and on facebook

XBL :: stonj

MikeB said:

@ DMeisterJ

Single-Player in R2 is completely fucked.

In what way? The game did download a patch in the beginning, but I have experienced no major issues in the single player campaign (it gets really awesome!). Did you finish the campaign and download this patch?

No, I mean how every single enemy attacks you and only you, completely negating the fact that there are tons of your comrades around...  And the immense amount of hand-holding.

Around the Network

@DMeisterJ

No, I mean how every single enemy attacks you and only you, completely negating the fact that there are tons of your comrades around... And the immense amount of hand-holding.

That's not true, just observe from a distance and you will see the soldiers and chimera battle it out. Of course you attract the most interest, you are this Chimera-virus 'enhanced' hero, your demise or convert can be crucial to their victory.

That's really not the case, just play the game for a while.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I've played both games, R2 and L4D, and I just cannot endorse R2 (which I played first). Sure, there are some nice big enemies in L4D, but outside of those scripted battles, I found the game derivative of every other FPS. Almost any weapon has some type of explosive? Black. Main character with a disease that gives him cool powers but threatens to take him over? Far Cry. Recharging health? Sure, they give a reason for it, and a lot of games have it, but that doesn't mean it didn't steal the idea from Halo.

I also, for some reason, couldn't get into the coop very much. Just found it dull--run over here, bunch of random bad guys pop out, shoot them, run over there, kill zombies, repeat. No sense of purpose whatsoever.

Left 4 Dead is a completely unique experience--leave your partners and you're dead, your enemies are much different than typical FPS fare, and its' infinitely replayable due to the innovative AI Director.

Long story short, Left 4 Dead 4 me.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
leo-j said:
Ari_Gold said:
dallascowboysfan101 said:
Ari_Gold said:
you heard wrong, its the most overrated FPS of the year

i heard this everywhere

too much coincidence don't you think

Or maybe too many XBOX 360 fanboys attacking an amazing game

On topic:

Yes its the best FPS imo this year.

i agree, too many xbox 360 fanboys who say stupid shit about a game they never play or even know wat its about. it is the best FPS this year. Ex-one of my friends is a gears fan, he said resistance sucks and its overrated. i ask him what is the genre of resistance is, and he didn't even know it was a First Person Shooter, he just hated it because it was a sony exclusive

E3 2008 Best FPS, and E3 2008 Best Online awards. and these awards was overall, not ps3 only

@ thekitchensink

For me it's very different, I think Resistance 2 provides one of the most refreshing shooter experiences I have played the last couple of years.

Warhawk in terms of gameplay is more unique though due to the great mixture of air and ground combat. I would agree a game like Halo 3 provides nothing really unique, but if fans love that, it does not need to be.

PS3 vs 360 sales

According to metacritic *ducks*...

Left 4 Dead - 88
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/left4dead

Resistance 2 - 86
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/resistance2

Far Cry 2 - 85
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/farcry2

Call of Duty: World at War - 84
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/callofdutyworldatwar

No, this isn't the final word, but I thought it would be informative.   Please leave all your metacritiic complaints at the door.