By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When the PS3 goes to £200 and $300, will you buy it?

Make it $50 and be sure that they have cracked it so I can use everything in linux. Then its a deal. :)

Around the Network

It will do a lot better at $299, especially if the pro 360 remains at $299 also for 6 months+.

Personally I wont buy one. I own a 360 already and can't really see the point of having 2 HD consoles when 90% of the games exist on both platforms.

Doubt it. I already have one.

4 ≈ One

Will I buy a $300 PS3? No.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Well I thought it was a bargain when the dropped it to $399.00 (which is when I dived in), but I really think that Sony needs to find a way to get them to $299.00 as the regular starting price... or I really think that Microsoft will bury them this holiday season.

I think $299.00 is a good "bargain" point for a lot of consumers. Now that stand alone Blu-ray players have hit the $200.00-$250.00 mark, the PS3 is no longer the "bargain" Blu-ray player it used to be. (but don't get me wrong, I still think the PS3 is the best Blu-ray player created to date.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Around the Network
Soleron said:
No.

Because they haven't made any games I want. If they made a game as original, fun, creative and awesome as for example Super Mario Galaxy for it, I would buy one at any price. I don't object to non-Nintendo games; it's that no other company has made one I like.

sony hasn't made a game original, fun, creative and awesome. actually they did and it was released last month. Its called LittleBigPlanet. its exaclty everything your looking for in a game as mentioned

i might if i have enough time to play the games on ps3.

doubt it, the only time i've supported more than one console in a Gen was having a ps1 and N64....plus now that Tekken is coming along, and having Forza doesn't really make me wish for GT anymore, think i'll just stick with my 360...

if it hits $199...whenever the hell that will be...i'll think about it then...

No I wouldn't. There is still not enough games I want to justify the purchase. If they ever start releasing games I actually want I will reconsider.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

jpain333 said:

doubt it, the only time i've supported more than one console in a Gen was having a ps1 and N64....plus now that Tekken is coming along, and having Forza doesn't really make me wish for GT anymore, think i'll just stick with my 360...

if it hits $199...whenever the hell that will be...i'll think about it then...

Well, while I don't agree with everything you said, I agree about the Forza 2 thing... I'm pretty sure I like Forza 2 more than I liked GT, and man was I addicted to that game.  I think Sony really screwed up by not having a FULL length GT for the PS3.... and each holiday season I wonder when they are going to figure that out.  GT used to be the ONLY car-custimizable-epic-racing game that was even worth playing.  And now Forza 2 has kinda killed that monopoly.

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya