By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit is it even worth the hype and wait?

I just think you are looking into it. Just go by HVS's words. It's bringing the normal experience of an FPS to the Wii for the first time because the platform deserves to have it. Pushes it graphics wise, online wise, and the extra features such as Wii Speak and motion plus. I don't think it's trying to be much else.

Will it be a revolutionary FPS? Absolutely not. Will 3rd parties follow suit? More than likely not. Will it be a solid title? Yet to be soon but their minds and hearts are in the right place which is better than most devs can say.

Around the Network

Yushire, I would like to know where you are getting this idea that people expect The Conduit to be the standard for all Wii games in general? It'll probably be a standard for big FPS that come to Wii. You are sounding way too negative about the game. Sure THQ is making some quality games, but they have yet to make one that appeals to the masses and gets 'hardcore' support. This is what The Conduit will do. Oh, and it comes out in May!!! Fragile, House of the Dead, and ESPECIALLY Monster Hunter 3 don't come to America in a long time. Sure, Fragile comes out in a few months, but we still don't even know if the game will be great and only 7 million people in Japan have the option of playing it. A game matter when it is released World Wide (that's a little exaggerated I think).

Also, you don't think The Conduit is a 'core title? What is it then.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

pimpcoop said:
I feel that they are making a game that will push the Wii to the limits. After that game comes out it will make a standard for every big tittle to be the same way.

My thoughts exactly.

Hyperion said:

Yushire, I would like to know where you are getting this idea that people expect The Conduit to be the standard for all Wii games in general? It'll probably be a standard for big FPS that come to Wii. You are sounding way too negative about the game. Sure THQ is making some quality games, but they have yet to make one that appeals to the masses and gets 'hardcore' support. This is what The Conduit will do. Oh, and it comes out in May!!! Fragile, House of the Dead, and ESPECIALLY Monster Hunter 3 don't come to America in a long time. Sure, Fragile comes out in a few months, but we still don't even know if the game will be great and only 7 million people in Japan have the option of playing it. A game matter when it is released World Wide (that's a little exaggerated I think).

Also, you don't think The Conduit is a 'core title? What is it then.

Isnt it obvious? Theres even a dedicated sticky thread just for this game. Even we knew this game will not be special this game will be the next gears or Halo. Too much hype sorrounding  this game.

Im not being negative I think most Wii core owners are just too focused on this game, atleast some Wii owners knew better and buy a good game thats already available now like COD WAW than had to wait for this game. BTW only 6 months to go is it really worth the wait? I think I better buy QoS when its available here, atleast it will be budget title when it comes out here and it have splitscreen multiplayer.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Yushire, The Conduit will be worth the wait.

Around the Network

OK. sure thing, just dont be disappointed if this game isnt what you're all expected it to be...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

We can't review games that aren't out yet.

yushire said:

OK since The Conduit will be released on May is it even worth the wait? Even with games coming out on the system? Some people thinks that this game will be the trendsetter as far as Wii core gaming goes especially with the 3rd parties. But to tell you all honestly, its not even close SURE its an awesome game but its not as expected it to be. Im just posting this for anyone who still expecting much of this title, the 3rd party quality titles already proven, Monster Hunter 3, fragile, House of the Dead Overkill, marvelous titles, Skate it, Shaun White snowboarding, De Blob, Deadly Creatures, etc... so whats HVS tries to prove?

If this is the first good FPS title on the system I can agree with it, but a core title?!!

I dunno, I just hope no one will be disappointed about this if its just a average shooter with great graphics on the Wii and good motion controls. But I'm waiting more on Madworld and Fragile than this title. Half Life series was still the best FPS game to me.  I cant say about Goldeneye 64 because I didnt played it yet...

Wait, so you are saying that the wii has no good FPS games? What about COD5, Medal of honor heroes 2, or even COD3?

... Wow, i just realised that the only FPS games on wii are WW2 shooters. But back on topic, you must have liked at least one FPS game on the wii. Oh, and the conduit will be worth the wait for wii owners. It's not often Third-parties risk big-budget games on wii, and i think the risk will pay off.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

whacker41 said:
yushire said:

OK since The Conduit will be released on May is it even worth the wait? Even with games coming out on the system? Some people thinks that this game will be the trendsetter as far as Wii core gaming goes especially with the 3rd parties. But to tell you all honestly, its not even close SURE its an awesome game but its not as expected it to be. Im just posting this for anyone who still expecting much of this title, the 3rd party quality titles already proven, Monster Hunter 3, fragile, House of the Dead Overkill, marvelous titles, Skate it, Shaun White snowboarding, De Blob, Deadly Creatures, etc... so whats HVS tries to prove?

If this is the first good FPS title on the system I can agree with it, but a core title?!!

I dunno, I just hope no one will be disappointed about this if its just a average shooter with great graphics on the Wii and good motion controls. But I'm waiting more on Madworld and Fragile than this title. Half Life series was still the best FPS game to me.  I cant say about Goldeneye 64 because I didnt played it yet...

Wait, so you are saying that the wii has no good FPS games? What about COD5, Medal of honor heroes 2, or even COD3?

... Wow, i just realised that the only FPS games on wii are WW2 shooters. But back on topic, you must have liked at least one FPS game on the wii. Oh, and the conduit will be worth the wait for wii owners. It's not often Third-parties risk big-budget games on wii, and i think the risk will pay off.

We're not even sure if the game is a high budget like SMG. For all we knew the graphics will be end up as a high end xbox game. And yeah, the only FPS I bought on the Wii was MOH:H2. So a better game than MOH:H2 was enough for me, thats why Im waiting for COD WAW to be available. I even want to buy QoS for the Wii if its available here...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

^^^^
Dude, he said 3rd parties, not flagship Nintendo titles. Aside from Monster Honter 3, The Conduit is arguably the most effort a company has put on a Wii game.