By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The abillity to install games to the HDD has REALLY helped Fable 2.

@ jgarret

Ugh, no auto play from hard drive option?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
NeoRatt said:
I am disappointed in the HD installs. I got NXE, and put a bunch og games on my HD.

I have more then one 360 in my house and always switch between by unplugging my HD and putting it on another console because it saves time in downloading your profile from Live.

Well, the HD install is tied to the console so when you switch consoles you have to reinstall, making it useless for me.

I tend to think that the reason the installs are tied to a console would be to avoid people that install 20 games on a HDD, then sell the HDD off for pirating.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Game automatically loads from Hard Drive once it is installed. Works with Fable 2, GTA4, Battlefield BC, Bioshock, Gears 2 etc....

Load times are improved on games but not always performance. Unreal engine still does not load textures quickly enough!

XBOX is quieter though!!

mrstickball said:
NeoRatt said:
I am disappointed in the HD installs. I got NXE, and put a bunch og games on my HD.

I have more then one 360 in my house and always switch between by unplugging my HD and putting it on another console because it saves time in downloading your profile from Live.

Well, the HD install is tied to the console so when you switch consoles you have to reinstall, making it useless for me.

I tend to think that the reason the installs are tied to a console would be to avoid people that install 20 games on a HDD, then sell the HDD off for pirating.

I would have thought they would install and register some sort of serial number on the Live network (assuming every DVD is serialized somehow), then one DVD could only be installed on one drive.  If someone tried to run the serial number on two machines simultaneously the serial number could be permanently shut off by Microsoft. 

I just found it disappointing...  The first time they added a feature that didn't meet my expectation for what it was.

Next, I will try installing to a USB drive, if successful I will buy a bunch and use that on every 360 I own and only keep my gaming profile and marketplace stuff on the 360 itself.

@NeoRatt

I pick up a cheap MU and used that to store my gamertag. (And even a few Arcade games that I want to play on the 2nd 360). It work out way better than swapping the HD but I see your point when it come to install games.

eBay have 64 mb MU (perfect for gamertag) for $5-10 and 512K for about $20.00.  When friends family come over we usually play on my son 360 in the Living room and it's nice that I can just plug in my MU.

Around the Network
mysticD said:

@NeoRatt

I pick up a cheap MU and used that to store my gamertag. (And even a few Arcade games that I want to play on the 2nd 360). It work out way better than swapping the HD but I see your point when it come to install games.

eBay have 64 mb MU (perfect for gamertag) for $5-10 and 512K for about $20.00.  When friends family come over we usually play on my son 360 in the Living room and it's nice that I can just plug in my MU.

My profile with game saves is over 3 Gb.  I need my game saves as well so I don't have to restart from the beginning in any given games.

tmbh said:
Game automatically loads from Hard Drive once it is installed. Works with Fable 2, GTA4, Battlefield BC, Bioshock, Gears 2 etc....

Load times are improved on games but not always performance. Unreal engine still does not load textures quickly enough!

XBOX is quieter though!!

I swear GTA4's infamous pop-in is worse with the game installed.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

All of my freezing problems are gone. I'm not sure what fixed it, hard drive install, NXE, patch. I think it was most likely the hard drive install. I can now play Fable 2 while logged onto XBL without freezing.

I'm no longer scared to play Fable 2. It killed one of my 360's DVD drives. Now that it's on HDD, that problem is solved.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Bitmap Frogs said:
tmbh said:

XBOX is quieter though!!

I swear GTA4's infamous pop-in is worse with the game installed.

It is!

I have also noticed Bioshock textures not loading as fast either!

I'm glad to hear this as I suffered from the freezing and gave up on it. It's now installed on my HD and I'm planning on putting in some serious play time on Fable 2 come Xmas.

Does installing Mass Effect on the HD improve the texture pop up that that game suffered from?

I am largely platform agnostic. I fail to understand why some people get overly fanboyish about what is an inanimate piece of electronics that's obsolete even before it's launched, when there are far more important things to champion, such as preventing environmental destruction or preventing millions of people dying unnecessarily from illnesses. This fact however, doesn’t mean I am not someone who doesn’t enjoy gaming as a pastime (as I have done for the last 20 years) or doesn’t have a strong interest in how the market is evolving – hence my presence on this site.

Platforms owned – PC, DS, X-Box 360, PS3, PSP and Wii.