By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo license out the Twilight Princess engine?

Just a thought. Since, if the development team is to be believed, that game pushed the Gamecube to its maximum (with only RE4 and Rogue Squadron III coming close), givng that engine to developers (or an open source variation if that engine used anything proprietary) would be a great way to set a minimum standard for the Wii at a much lower cost than developing for the Wii from scratch.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Hell no. They should give (or sell) a Wii engine not a GC one.

Yes, but its not going to happen, :( the same for Capcom...

Maybe someday those guys of HV...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

It will be bashed because of the GC name associated with it.

But I see your point, if those graphics were a minimum standard it would prove better for the Wii at the moment.

Well when you say should Nintendo license the TP engine are you talking about what's best for the customer or the developer ?.

Around the Network

They should, just for the walk engine. Best one I've ever seen.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Million: Probably both.

No

Gamerace said:
Hell no. They should give (or sell) a Wii engine not a GC one.

The Wii is a more advanced GC. It's not two duct-taped together, but the structures are still similar. And the fact is that there aren't that many GC or Wii specific engines in the first place, and this would be a great way to start. It can create huge areas, with great framerate, lighting, and shading and mapping on the textures. Just that with the Wii, it can do all that with even more polygons, higher texture resolution, and more characters in an area.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

the chances of nintendo licensing out an engine are slim. get factor 5 to oit instead, those guys are awesome

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

They should because even though it is a GC engine it is still better than other Wii game engines. Also, their next Zelda game better be more impressive, as it will be Wii exclusive.

Don't Worry.....Be Happy