By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Biggest 360 Week Ever? Tales from Black Friday

mysticD said:
whatever said:
I agree with bigjon to a point. Videos of highly discounted bundles that are in short supply doesn't mean we are about to see the 360 outsell the Wii. I went to walmart when they had the $99 Toshiba HD-DVD player sale and it was a madhouse trying to get those units. Well, that didn't end so well for HD-DVD.

As for NA sales. I'd see the 360 at 500k and Wii at about 800k. Though this site has a history of over tracking the 360, so it might show up over 600k.

So by that same logic, that $129.00 Blu-ray probably will spell doom for blu-ray after this holiday??

As for 360 being overtrack, I think it was undertrack last NPD so yeah, let spread more FUD.

So I wouldn't say that Blu-ray is a massive success because the $129.00 BR player sold out quickly.  That BR has a long way to go still.

One time being undertracked does not make up for the many times it has been overtracked.  Like I said in another thread.  The 360 has to cross 20 million 4 times before it stayed there.

Around the Network

Target's Black Friday deal was nice - 360 pro came with a $60 gift card. +1 to the 360 sales from me, now a 360 owner

I can't wait to see the numbers too, should be interesting. Oh, and off topic but... anyone who thought GeoW2 wouldn't move systems is crazy.

bigjon said:
Legend11 said:
bigjon said:
hate to bust ur 360 bubble, but either there is a crapload of supply or they are not selling like crazy... The are huge piles of them in my local Sears, Best Buy, TRU, and Gamestop(that had stack sitting on the desk)

phail...

Sorry bigjon, only one of you gets the win and it isn't you.

Tease.

c0rd said:

Target's Black Friday deal was nice - 360 pro came with a $60 gift card. +1 to the 360 sales from me, now a 360 owner

I can't wait to see the numbers too, should be interesting. Oh, and off topic but... anyone who thought GeoW2 wouldn't move systems is crazy.

Yea, Targets deal was very attractive indeed. Circuit City's with the 20GB HDD and Arcade for $199 was probably the other best one out there. I wonder how much Gears 2 will push this week as well.

KatinJin said:
c0rd said:

Yea, Targets deal was very attractive indeed. Circuit City's with the 20GB HDD and Arcade for $199 was probably the other best one out there. I wonder how much Gears 2 will push this week as well.

Yeah, was considering that deal but it wasn't in stock in my area. My bro wanted to play GeoW2 badly, so Target's deal was it. The extra 40gb doesn't hurt and he wanted a headset anyway. We could really use an extra controller though... need... more money...

Around the Network
whatever said:
mysticD said:
whatever said:
I agree with bigjon to a point. Videos of highly discounted bundles that are in short supply doesn't mean we are about to see the 360 outsell the Wii. I went to walmart when they had the $99 Toshiba HD-DVD player sale and it was a madhouse trying to get those units. Well, that didn't end so well for HD-DVD.

As for NA sales. I'd see the 360 at 500k and Wii at about 800k. Though this site has a history of over tracking the 360, so it might show up over 600k.

So by that same logic, that $129.00 Blu-ray probably will spell doom for blu-ray after this holiday??

As for 360 being overtrack, I think it was undertrack last NPD so yeah, let spread more FUD.

So I wouldn't say that Blu-ray is a massive success because the $129.00 BR player sold out quickly.  That BR has a long way to go still.

One time being undertracked does not make up for the many times it has been overtracked.  Like I said in another thread.  The 360 has to cross 20 million 4 times before it stayed there.

This site has a history of under and over tracking every system, that are adjusted when new information comes in. To single out the 360 as being consistently overtracked is simply retarded.

I don't know about everywhere else , but on one of the popular radio stations here in NYC that plays christmas music all day, there are 360 ads every single commercial break. One for the Arcade unit, and the other commercial for the Pro/Elite. Heard it about 20 times a day, every day this week

KatinJin said:
Crazy video of Wal-Mart shoppers trying to get a 360 this morning;

http://www.wavw.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=244038&article=4651903

damn..all gone in under a minute.

Well, should make for an interesting week no question.

How many minimum did Walmart have per store?

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.