By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Biggest 360 Week Ever? Tales from Black Friday

Sure is nice to see a thread about MS doing well in the Sales Forum without the SDF showing up.

Around the Network

i believe the deal is 199$ arcade with free guitar hero bundle. That's a HUGE deal. Last year, my friend got 360 pro with guitar hero 2 at future shop. That sold a LOT. Guitar hero does move consoles

i think the 360 will sell around 700k worldwide this week.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
i think the 360 will sell around 700k worldwide this week.

I am going to make an 800k guess.  I went to all of the larger retail box stores in my area and none of them had wii's or 360's in stock.  (No elites, Pro's or Arcades)  So M$ should do very well unless they didn't produce enough of them.  And that would be a huge missed oportunity.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

I think the real issue may not be having enough for today, but shipping enough going forward. Not sure if they were actually short stock after Christmas last year, but they do not want to be in position of being short before Christmas for certain.

Around the Network

I think M$ have known of this demand for a while now. I'm pretty sure they can keep up the pace, that said I heard arcades might be short in stock in some places.

before you bet on sales figures.....don't forget that there is no Black Friday outside the US.

hate to bust ur 360 bubble, but either there is a crapload of supply or they are not selling like crazy... The are huge piles of them in my local Sears, Best Buy, TRU, and Gamestop(that had stack sitting on the desk)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

has anyone been able to locate any 120GB HDD deals. I find it peculiar that a few online stores have little to none in stock. If this is any indication seem folk are stepping up their storeage capacity as well.
Just a thought

bigjon said:
hate to bust ur 360 bubble, but either there is a crapload of supply or they are not selling like crazy... The are huge piles of them in my local Sears, Best Buy, TRU, and Gamestop(that had stack sitting on the desk)

So they are not selling like crazy today..... gotcha. Even in light of the video posted from Wal-Mart where people are diving for them, I see. Can't wait for this weeks numbers much less NPD heh.