By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Biggest 360 Week Ever? Tales from Black Friday

I think Microsoft is doing a successful job of changing the public's perception of what the 360 is. For all the "they're just copying the Wii" statements, I think everyone understands why now. It's a slow transition, since the 360 was solidified as to what it was. This time next year, I expect it will have made the complete jump to huge mass appeal.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

Around the Network
goddog said:
whatever said:
There will be large 360 sales, but they still won't beat Nintendo.

I think everyone has got that now..... please move on.... we are talking about the 360 here

on topic, yea it could move 750,000 world wide.... simply amazing for a console that has so many sales issues this spring

Wow, touchy, touchy.  I can't help it that your console of choice is get its a$$ handed to it by a "weaker" and more expensive console.

Man thats crazy no doubt.

@ whatever the $89.99 was for a rock band bundle it seems

KatinJin said:
whatever said:
KatinJin said:
Crazy video of Wal-Mart shoppers trying to get a 360 this morning;

http://www.wavw.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=244038&article=4651903

Wow, $89?  That's crazy.

Naw, that wasn't the bundle price it was $199

Then WTF is wrong with these people?  Can't you get it for that price anywhere online?

whatever said:
KatinJin said:
whatever said:
KatinJin said:

http://www.wavw.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=244038&article=4651903

Wow, $89?  That's crazy.

Naw, that wasn't the bundle price it was $199

Then WTF is wrong with these people?  Can't you get it for that price anywhere online?

Special bundle in stores only today.

Around the Network

These aren't hardcore buyers. It could simply be they see the 360, thinking of it as an expensive machine and here it is $199.

"What! That's a great deal, aren't those things like $300-$400. I'm grabbing one!"

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

I agree it's going to have a great run this holiday. There are tons good 360 deals out there right now.

Black Friday is U.S. only..

if the 360 has another solid week in "Others" then yah, if could be the 360's biggest week!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

whatever said:
KatinJin said:

Wow, $89?  That's crazy.

$89 is for something else the 360 was $199 for the Arcade bundled with Guitar Hero 3 and the wireless guitar.

I think it will be the biggest week ever.
My friend got his 360 today.