By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Biggest 360 Week Ever? Tales from Black Friday

As to why Frys might not sell out of Wii's (or other places that do HORRID bundles) it is more the bundles then the system. They'll sell 360s and PS3s au natural, but the Wii they'll load up with crap, which is they only reason the Wii doesn't sell way faster then the other two every time.

Adding crap games and accessories noone wants to the Wii (and not offering it alone) then saying "OMG its not selling out" is like shooting Bolt in the leg then saying "he's not that fast".

I mean I'm no Wii fan (I sold mine) but to say when all 3 systems are available for retail outside of upselling bundles the Wii isn't the clear winner just about every time is folly.

PSN ID: ChosenOne feel free to add me

Around the Network

We sold out of everything at my walmart except 2 elite models... and I think we got those in on the truck I unloaded tonight... So 70 Wii and around that in 360s... I have no idea how many PS3s we had, but we didn't get near as many as we got 360s shipped to us.

Q- will it be enough for them to counter ps3 sales for 2008?

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

so next week basically we will see a very good sales number for xbox 360

arsenicazure said:
Q- will it be enough for them to counter ps3 sales for 2008?

YTD not quite, but it's probably going to take a good chunk and the rest of the year almost without question.

Around the Network

Looks like some monstrous numbers for the 360 and the wii and decent numbers for the PS3 (Sony really need to get a price-cut).

End of '08 predictions (made by theprof00): PS3: 20m, 360: 23.5m, wii: 42m

Now Playin':  PS3|Resistance 2, LBP, Uncharted and Fifa 09, PSP| Ratchet and Clank: Size matters, 360| Gears of war 2 and Fallout 3.

Didn't the console manufacturers comment their Black Friday sales the day after?
Or did they wait for the next Monday?

They finished the "New Xbox Live Experience" just in time I suppose as well to help with the buzz of the dropping 360 prices. Netflix streaming movies alone is a great reason to have it.

Everyone is forgetting about the x-factor for Microsoft though... the surge of HDD sales once everyone realizes that you can't really get all the enjoyment from the console without one

MarioKart:

Wii Code:

2278-0348-4368

1697-4391-7093-9431

XBOX LIVE: Comrade Tovya 2
PSN ID:

Comrade_Tovya

Comrade Tovya said:
They finished the "New Xbox Live Experience" just in time I suppose as well to help with the buzz of the dropping 360 prices. Netflix streaming movies alone is a great reason to have it.

Everyone is forgetting about the x-factor for Microsoft though... the surge of HDD sales once everyone realizes that you can't really get all the enjoyment from the console without one

Thankfully microsoft are doing some good deals on those, you are right though, a lot of arcade buyers will be looking into buying one I just hope the situation doesn't piss off too many buyers.

The REAL x factor for microsoft will be Xbox live ;) can you imagin all those new users signing up? and I can only imagin a lot of buyers bought the 12 month membership last christmas and so will be updating their gold membership around now.

M$ should have money coming out of their ears!!!

I'm one of the people who bought a 360 during Black Friday =)