By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - sale at my walmart

ssj12 said:
leo-j said:
How did little big planet do?

no idea but from what i could tell... poorly... most PS3 titles did poorly but sports... including that paintball one.. nearly sold out. MotorStorm: PR did well... sold out. I guess thats technically a "sports" title though (motorsports).

Those are called casuals, man buying a paintball game, i can predict taht a lot of madden 09 was solds on black friday.

Around the Network

The Remaining Wii Stock could have something to do with the massive supply surge at all retailers, even the sears my bro works at has been getting good shipments. They are still selling out, it is just not where people are going turboman for them. It takes maybe 2 days to sell a major shipment.

Also, not that I want to doupt SSJ, but I have worked in retail back in the day, and you dont put electronics on clearance for space. Walmart only makes a very slim margin on Wii HW, it was not advertised so it was not a "lure" like the great 360 deals which WERE advertised. Either u are full of BS or your store manager is a dumbass... selling a popular product at a loss to make space??????? Does not compute.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

fjburgos said:
ssj12 said:
leo-j said:
How did little big planet do?

no idea but from what i could tell... poorly... most PS3 titles did poorly but sports... including that paintball one.. nearly sold out. MotorStorm: PR did well... sold out. I guess thats technically a "sports" title though (motorsports).

Those are called casuals, man buying a paintball game, i can predict taht a lot of madden 09 was solds on black friday.

So the PS3 is a casual console than? lol

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

bigjon said:
The Remaining Wii Stock could have something to do with the massive supply surge at all retailers, even the sears my bro works at has been getting good shipments. They are still selling out, it is just not where people are going turboman for them. It takes maybe 2 days to sell a major shipment.

We did get a ton on Wednesday.  But we got shipments of 360's and PS3's this week AND last week (Both 50+ each time).  I'd say the Wii had the least stock of any system.  At least at my store.

bigjon said:

Also, not that I want to doupt SSJ, but I have worked in retail back in the day, and you dont put electronics on clearance for space. Walmart only makes a very slim margin on Wii HW, it was not advertised so it was not a "lure" like the great 360 deals which WERE advertised. Either u are full of BS or your store manager is a dumbass... selling a popular product at a loss to make space??????? Does not compute.

our store manager isnt here, his grandmother died so he is where ever. One of the assistant managers made the decision to sell the Wii at a lower price.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Around the Network

The Wiis haven't sold out? What?
At my Kmart, they sold out (all 8 of them) half an hour after the store opened. And that was yesterday. What is wrong with your store?!

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
ssj12 said:
bigjon said:

our store manager isnt here, his grandmother died so he is where ever. One of the assistant managers made the decision to sell the Wii at a lower price.

How are you lacking for space if you just cleared out the majority of your stock in one day. You seem like a fibber.

Paul said:
ssj12 said:
bigjon said:

How are you lacking for space if you just cleared out the majority of your stock in one day. You seem like a fibber.

Indeed he is, SSJ12 has lied about numerous things in the past. I'd go so far as to say hes compulsive.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Paul said:
ssj12 said:
bigjon said:

You dont know how retailers like WalMart prepare for the holiday do you? We get like 16 trailers delivered, the night before all or most trailers are unpacked, empty trailers are taken away due to sales expectations. We didnt sell much backstock. It was all new product that was in the trailers for weeks.

Gobias said:
Paul said:
ssj12 said:
bigjon said:

Indeed he is, SSJ12 has lied about numerous things in the past. I'd go so far as to say hes compulsive.

not really, my sources are basically all posters here now a days. Who I wont say but you would be shocked at what positions some of the members of our community holds in the retail and game industries.

PR Managers try to stay on top of whats going to happen but things change. Still we did get an announcement on ICO 3 didnt we, no footage but confirmation of when we will get footage. So really I win.