By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales (11/27)

Neos said:
*~Onna76~* said:
Rune Factory Wii bombs . Wii + hardcore = total fail.

This chart shows that PS3 is far more popular than the 360, yeah Squeenix you're a bunch of dumbass idiots, refer to Last Remnant.

god you're so depressing sometimes.

it didn't bomb. 10-20k in the week is bomb. just look at the shipments, selling almost 50% isn't bad at all.

When it comes to the Wii you're too naive

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

@celine:

I think Patapon has a LTD of 72k in Japan, not 28k. It sold 17k in japan on its' 1st week. So, it's an improvement, but patapon's sales were some what disappointing anyways, all things considered. Besides it's a sequel. So, the name is better known and people are familiar with the game play. Not to mention, the install base is larger.

@Reii:

I thought RS was pretty big success for Lvl 5. Too bad, the creator of the series recently passed away. A lot of the ppl that work at Lvl 5 have also made big games with other companies, as well. Besides, if they keep making big budget games on consoles, that aren't any good, they'll run their reputation into the ground. If they really are making a sequel to Kid Icarus on Wii, then it better well be the best damn game they ever made! If they ruin Kid Icarus, I'll never forgive them for it.

When Lvl 5 1st made Layton they said it would be a trilogy and would end the series once the 3rd 1 came out. On top of that, the game has the word last in the title. It doesn't really surprise me, if it isn't the last, though. The gameplay is solid, the setup is original, with good presentation, and the franchise has charm that could hold up well in a long-running series. There is a feature film that is coming out. I believe it's an original story, published by Nintendo.

[PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami) - 94k
[360] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami) - 5k
LOL. =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

NintendoMonopoly said:

@celine:

I think Patapon has a LTD of 72k in Japan, not 28k. It sold 17k in japan on its' 1st week. So, it's an improvement, but patapon's sales were some what disappointing anyways, all things considered. Besides it's a sequel. So, the name is better known and people are familiar with the game play. Not to mention, the install base is larger.

@Reii:

I thought RS was pretty big success for Lvl 5. Too bad, the creator of the series recently passed away. A lot of the ppl that work at Lvl 5 have also made big games with other companies, as well. Besides, if they keep making big budget games on consoles, that aren't any good, they'll run their reputation into the ground. If they really are making a sequel to Kid Icarus on Wii, then it better well be the best damn game they ever made! If they ruin Kid Icarus, I'll never forgive them for it.

When Lvl 5 1st made Layton they said it would be a trilogy and would end the series once the 3rd 1 came out. On top of that, the game has the word last in the title. It doesn't really surprise me, if it isn't the last, though. The gameplay is solid, the setup is original, with good presentation, and the franchise has charm that could hold up well in a long-running series. There is a feature film that is coming out. I believe it's an original story, published by Nintendo.

You're mistaking with Factor 5

Rune Factory sales is good!
(considering how 3rd party Wii games seem to fail in Japan)

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

Is PES bundled?

BengaBenga said:

You're mistaking with Factor 5

lol! My bad. That's what happens when I multi-task this early. WTH was I thinking. Still, WKC or any other console title of theirs don't deserve to be made half-hearted. Thanks, for correcting me.

Dissapointing PES sales. Last year it debuted with 107k on PS3 and 7k on X360 and 155k on PS2. So instead of expected improvment (that happened in Europe) we have slight decline. And lack of PS2 version should have helped also.

You would of thought PES would of sold more then last year what with there being a years worth of extra PS3/360's sold there. Guess it matches the pattern of the rest of the world where nobody cares about the game anymore.

NintendoMonopoly said:

@celine:

Last known LTD for Patapon by Famitsu is 28K ...

It's hard to sell a new IP nowaday in the japanese market.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.