By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales (11/27)

^^^
LTD for first Patapon is 28K ...

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network
NintendoMonopoly said:

I know Layton did great, but I still think it deserves better. I love the 1st 1. I hope part 3 really isn't the last 1.  The Layton series at least deserves a spiritual successor. Though Lvl 5 probably don't need to be pumping them out, at the pace that they are right now. They could be focusing on trying to make their home console games better, instead.

Nah, their console games dont sell, while Layton is a grand success. Even though it sells worse with each new installment. Didnt they already announce the 4th game? I think they will milk it to death, and they should.

Rei said:
NintendoMonopoly said:

I know Layton did great, but I still think it deserves better. I love the 1st 1. I hope part 3 really isn't the last 1.  The Layton series at least deserves a spiritual successor. Though Lvl 5 probably don't need to be pumping them out, at the pace that they are right now. They could be focusing on trying to make their home console games better, instead.

Nah, their console games dont sell, while Layton is a grand success. Even though it sells worse with each new installment. Didnt they already announce the 4th game? I think they will milk it to death, and they should.

I'm kinda hoping WKC does sell well though!

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

So Last Remnant out of charts on the week two?

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com

realill said:
So Last Remnant out of charts on the week two?

well first day sales are (obviously) only for newly released games. It does however seem very likely that it will be out of the top 10.

Around the Network

PES has done very well, more than I was expecting. Last year it did have the PS2 version to compete with at launch though.

360 version flopped.

Nice launch for Layton - NDS is the platform of choice.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

If Rune Factory sells like it's DS counterpart it will be great success.

after the bombs that the new Wii games reseived lately selling 18K first day is a freaking relief.

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

silverlunar777 said:

after the bombs that the new Wii games reseived lately selling 18K first day is a freaking relief.

Bombs? Symphonia and Fatal Frame were big successes.

The only big bomb is Tenchu 4. 

Rei said:
NintendoMonopoly said:

I know Layton did great, but I still think it deserves better. I love the 1st 1. I hope part 3 really isn't the last 1. The Layton series at least deserves a spiritual successor. Though Lvl 5 probably don't need to be pumping them out, at the pace that they are right now. They could be focusing on trying to make their home console games better, instead.

As far as I know the third game is the last in the Layton game series. I was hoping for a Wii version. As soon as part 2 and 3 releases on the Westside they'll be mine

And I seriously hope WKC will sell well or else RPG's are doomed on the PS3 and I didn't buy that damn thing to see those games sell lousy!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

BengaBenga said:
silverlunar777 said:

Bombs? Symphonia and Fatal Frame were big successes.

The only big bomb is Tenchu 4.

Honesty given, never have I thought that Dewy's Adventure (one of my favorites on the Wii) would sell above 100.000. It seems game sell badly in their first week doesn't necessary mean they're bombing in a lifetime. My reaction was only my disappointment in the first day sales. I really love Rune Factory and was happy to see it releases on the Wii.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo