By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is There Really Any Difference Between 360 And PS3 Games?

I mean I was just thinking about it recently and was wondering what differences there are between the 2.

I only own the 360 but I have played games on my mates PS3.

When you break it down for similar type exclusives what differences are there?

Is one consoles games harder than the other?

Is one consoles games better structured than the other?

Maybe multi owners chould enlighten me.

For my take on it both consoles seem to give a similar experience.

This is not a flamebait thread as I am not for one moment saying my opinion is correct.

I am just putting my thoughts on it to the various people who may or may not think the same as me.

Around the Network

I don't think it makes any big difference, but I guess some will disagree

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

well on games front both are now comparable, although i belive ps3 had the better quality titles in 2008.

going into 2009, ive not heard of anything on the 360 front apart from a probable forza mass effect and mabey ninja blade and a halo strategy game.

will will have to wait and see who has best games of 2009

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
well on games front both are now comparable, although i belive ps3 had the better quality titles in 2008.

going into 2009, ive not heard of anything on the 360 front apart from a probable forza mass effect and mabey ninja blade and a halo strategy game.

LMAO somehow i was thinking of you when i wrote the last part of my sentence

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Skeeuk said:

I am glad to get your opinion skeeuk as I know you own both.

I was looking for something more specific really though such as do you enjoy your ps games better kind of thing or are they really just the same experience?

Around the Network

There is barely a difference, but there has been better running games in the 360's favor (better framerate, less pop-in, things like that). However, they are too few, too far in between.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

kirby007 said:
Skeeuk said:

LMAO somehow i was thinking of you when i wrote the last part of my sentence

Hope youre not on those 5 euro rounds kirby lol.

SaviorX said:
There is barely a difference, but there has been better running games in the 360's favor (better framerate, less pop-in, things like that). However, they are too few, too far in between.

That was my thinking, too little between them to really make it significant.

PS3 games typically have a mandatory install that eats up precious hard drive space faster than you might think.

XBox 360 games do not. For gamers with a large collection of games, this a real important detail.

Where else are you going to find LBP, MGS4, Uncharted etc.

Don't Worry.....Be Happy