By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - too many glitchers on psn

Yea there was a guy in R2 doing it, he was moving all over the place, and I couldnt shoot him accurately, and he can shot me just fine

mM
Around the Network

Why do you need a lag switch? My PS3 lags well enough on its own.....lol. But seriously, I'm regretting my decision on buying the PS3 too.

chapset said:
noslodecoy said:
Why do you single out PSN, but then post a video of Gears?

good question

i thought xbl didn't have this, but i was wrong, and a post a video of gears because of the quality you can clrealy see the guy cheating and i couldn't find a better video.

People try crap like that everywhere... then they get a surprise message in their inbox saying they've been banned from Xbox Live...

:)

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

You'll always get cheaters... its nothing to do with Sony/MS. They can try and prevent it but there's always someone getting around stuff.

Can be a pain though if they're intent on ruining everyone else's experience.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Yeah this issue is just as bad on bot systems.  In COD4 on ps3 lag switches do not work well unless they are the host and repeated use will end the game.

Around the Network

Microsoft is actually pretty stringent in regards to lagging exploits. They do actively search out cheaters, and ban them sometimes in game. This is one reason that Live users have a report user option. I assume that once a player gets enough reports filed against them Live security then begins to actively monitor their play. Once that happens a pathological cheater is living on borrowed time.

I once watched as a clan I was playing against in Halo 3 big team battle all using lagging exploits got hit with the ban hammer in mass. Only two players in that clan surviving the purge. One who had left the game on while they went to eat dinner, and another who for whatever reason had opted not to cheat like his clan mates. The player that was away from the keyboard for most of the match told those of us left what happened in the post game lobby.

He had come back to the game after getting a call from another clan member asking whether he had banned as well. I am sure when he came back he was sweating bullets. I guess without Live security actually seeing him exploit he had been spared, but I am sure he probably swore off cheating from that day forward. Close calls have a way of changing your perspective.

I am somewhat surprised if I am understanding this correctly the PSN network does not in fact have enforcement? That boggles the mind why would anyone want to play on such a network. I have a low tolerance for cheating, and I could not stomach the fact that I would be helpless in the face of it.

Dodece said:
Microsoft is actually pretty stringent in regards to lagging exploits. They do actively search out cheaters, and ban them sometimes in game. This is one reason that Live users have a report user option. I assume that once a player gets enough reports filed against them Live security then begins to actively monitor their play. Once that happens a pathological cheater is living on borrowed time.

I once watched as a clan I was playing against in Halo 3 big team battle all using lagging exploits got hit with the ban hammer in mass. Only two players in that clan surviving the purge. One who had left the game on while they went to eat dinner, and another who for whatever reason had opted not to cheat like his clan mates. The player that was away from the keyboard for most of the match told those of us left what happened in the post game lobby.

He had come back to the game after getting a call from another clan member asking whether he had banned as well. I am sure when he came back he was sweating bullets. I guess without Live security actually seeing him exploit he had been spared, but I am sure he probably swore off cheating from that day forward. Close calls have a way of changing your perspective.

I am somewhat surprised if I am understanding this correctly the PSN network does not in fact have enforcement? That boggles the mind why would anyone want to play on such a network. I have a low tolerance for cheating, and I could not stomach the fact that I would be helpless in the face of it.

psn has a report option from the website and they do ban people as well.  If you watch leaderboards in some games you will jump in ranking without playing when they do a ban about once a month.

You'll always have cheaters in online games .

gebx said:
chapset said:
noslodecoy said:
Why do you single out PSN, but then post a video of Gears?

good question

i thought xbl didn't have this, but i was wrong, and a post a video of gears because of the quality you can clrealy see the guy cheating and i couldn't find a better video.

People try crap like that everywhere... then they get a surprise message in their inbox saying they've been banned from Xbox Live...

:)

good cheaters should all die, i hate them all, i hope jesus will come back and slaughter theirs asses

sorry for brocken english

chapset from MTL

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.