By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS3 Price Cut is Not Going to Help Sony in Europe

CGI-Quality said:
The price cut + more games in 09 should do wonders for PS3. Let's see what happens.

Indeed it is.

Around the Network

edit - I'm done.

Yea, and I agree. Sony made a big mistake not dropping the price along with MS. The damage was already done with the PS3, financially, so I think it was a piss in your pants to keep you warm move by Sony, to please their share holders short-term.

whatever said:

So the point of this thread is that if the PS3 had a $100 price drop in Europe it would still be outsold by the 360?

HAHAHAHA.

xbots really are losing it.

For someone who is ridiculing the thread, did you even bother to read the OP? This is clearly not what is being said.

Before you you throw insults on the "xbots", do yourself a favor and actually read the OP top-to-bottom, maybe then you can wipe some of the egg from your own face.

Prediction made on 11/1/2008:

Q4 2008: 27M xbox LTD, 20M PS3 LTD . 2009 sales: 11M xbox,  9M PS3

Garnett said:
CGI-Quality said:
The price cut + more games in 09 should do wonders for PS3. Let's see what happens.

Indeed it is.

Absolutely. Price cut will help to sell more. Great games will help more.

But none of these will help to foreclosure Europe from the 360 again. From this point on it is a leveled play field where each console will be evaluated on its value and price. Sony cannot rely anymore on the domination of the brandname and the negative bias against the xbox that crushed the 360 for the first 3 years. That part is gone forever.

Moving forward the Euopean continent market is going to follow the healthier UK and US market dynamics.

Prediction made on 11/1/2008:

Q4 2008: 27M xbox LTD, 20M PS3 LTD . 2009 sales: 11M xbox,  9M PS3

Around the Network

Many people miss the point that economy helped xbox 360 greatly. That's why people have hard time picking ps3 over xbox 360. It not became acceptable, people are choosing over it because of the games, value, and their holiday budgets. People shouldn't predict the future. Before this gen, people predicted that ps3 would be a number 1. Look what happen.

This thread is an idiot.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

Gobias said:
This thread is an idiot.

HOW CAN YOU SAY THE PS3 IS DOOMED!?!?!?!

Gobias said:
This thread is an idiot.

I agree 100%

But you may want to know that I am using idiot as what it originally meant, not what it is commonly misused as today.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

amirnetz said:
whatever said:

So the point of this thread is that if the PS3 had a $100 price drop in Europe it would still be outsold by the 360?

HAHAHAHA.

xbots really are losing it.

For someone who is ridiculing the thread, did you even bother to read the OP? This is clearly not what is being said.

Before you you throw insults on the "xbots", do yourself a favor and actually read the OP top-to-bottom, maybe then you can wipe some of the egg from your own face.

No egg here.  The thread title "The PS3 Price Cut is Not Going to Help Sony in Europe" is laughable.