By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just recieved my 360 today but I am having a few worrisome questions...

there are a few games that make very little noise when playing: Fallout 3, Halo 3 and Infinite Undiscovery are just some of those games.

Someone mentioned to me these games the disc spins much slower but I've no idea thats true.. All I can definitely say is that the fans don't go into rocket drive when they are spining.. and I can barely hear the disks "twitching"

Anyway installing the games to the HDD really does make a difference to the noise..

Around the Network

I had my 360 making a lot of noise to when playing fable 2.
just install it on you're hd and you'll be fine

How can you possibly misspell QWERTY? It's spelled correctly on the damn keyboard.

I've been having disc drive problems for weeks now, and I honestly think Fable 2 is the culprit. My 360 was never too loud until I got that game. Whenever I played it, the system sounded like a vacuum cleaner. Now, I get "open console" messages 50% of the time (Before NXE, it used to say "unreadable disc"). Install the game. Don't be like me!!

d21 I actually had those problems too during the first 2 days..  if the disc looks clean then its probably some sort of chemical film on the surface that got on there while being packaged.. >.>

Strange I know but some people also had this problem on Lost Odyssey 4 and swore that placing the disc in flat bottomed bowl of boiling water for a few seconds actually helps.. I've not done anything as drastic with my discs!

Instead I just use the condensation of my own breath and give the DVD surface a good rub with my thumbs and this works!  only problem is that the surface gets lots of surface scratches but then there is no more "unable to read disc" errors.

and ya fable 2 is one of those games that spins the disc into overtime

Wait what? Since when do you have a 360? You copy cat, I just picked one up too. Anyway, been playing Fable 2 also and it sounds like there's gravel in there with the disc, but since this is the first disc I've used in it I figure it must be normal.

CIHYFS?

Around the Network

Fable 2 is the one game you defnitely want to install on your HDD due to the disc - trust me, I had to return my Fable 2 disc.

Actually Fable II spinning is much louder then other 360 games. Install it on the HD when you get it

360 drive is just really loud. .. it's sound like jet turbine half of time. Why do you think us, 360 fans are so happy with install option. Now if they can do something with those obnoxious fans too...

Take the disc out if you see any circular scratch on it then you have the Disc Eating 360. However this seems to be problem with old consoles. The newer one usually don't have that problem.

"Now if they can do something with those obnoxious fans too..."

That does not bother me. The fans on my Ps3 are much louder. Just glad not to have the drive spinning, as I sit close to my console

What's with Fable 2 discs, anyway? It *could* be the culprit, but why?

Maybe the data in the disc is not contiguous so it butterflies a lot?

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad.