By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another view from Screw Attack. Who really abandonded who?

Yeah, I agree with that article. Nintendo is doing what Nintendo has always done - making fun games. Wii Music and Animal Crossing may not be to everyone's tastes but I bet they are both fun to play and I'm sure a lot of people will have fun playing them. What's wrong with that?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I can't believe what I just read. Can it be? Someone who looks at the whole picture instead of posting a mindless rant which is full of inaccuracies. Respect.

Nope. They still missed the pictue. Anyone who says Nintendo is abandining them and "Wii Music is casual" misses the point.

Also, sorry to rant, but why does everyone think they know more about Miyamoto. He makes Wii Music, which is a very well made game, and everyone thinks they know better. No one understands Wii Music.

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Awesome article.

I really, really liked it. Well written. In a way, it described how I would say it, but better frased than I could have managed. To do that, you have to have a more objective view than I do, so claiming this guy is a fanboy would be foolish.

And Leo, this is a member who wrote a blog entry. Hardly matters what site it is on, don't you think? Or are all news on VGChartz fanboyish pro Ps3?

Ugh (or yay), I'm starting to be a bit grammar freakish in English too (I really am in Norwegian), and cannot help but think that the title should have been "Who really abandoned whom". Still, that does sound kind of stupid (but it is the correct way to say it, right?)

Actually, you can now acceptably use who in both places.  It's been messed up so much it was kind of accepted in the language to use who for both.  Most major grammar people allow using who for both.  That is not to say, though, that you can't use whom.

leo-j said:

Without reading it yet

Screw attack are the biggest nintendo fanboys on the internet, I expect an extreeme bias to nintendo (BEFORE READING)

Coming from a PS3 fanboy that visits Gametrailers, a 360 biased website...

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Generally the article is very good I think, it really sums up my feelings during the Gamecube era and the beginning of the Wii era. The thing is just, that since SSBB has released, no interesting title from Nintendo themselves has been released or announced, and this isn't a very comfortable situation. I mean, of course there is Wario Land and of course there are games like Sin & Punishment announced, but they are both not produced in-House.

It isn't really a threat to me since I still have a lot of games that I want to play, I have currently three great games (Okami, Skies of Arcadia and Paper Mario 2) lying on my desk that I am waiting to find time for playing them, and I also want to do a second run through Super Mario Galaxy still.

So what I wanna say is, I have enough good games on the Wii and I am still believing that Nintendo will soon announce some great games for 2009, but as long as we don't have any screenshots from a first party title for gamers, there's some fear that Nintendo might won't come back but just stay with casual titles that bring way more money.

It's like in a love relationship, when the girl isn't calling for a longer time. From an objective viewpoint, there are several reasons why she isn't calling, but since you are in love with her, you can't get enough of her, so you don't understand why she isn't calling and you start fearing she might abondoned you.

What I really want to say is, I am in love with Nintendo, and I can't wait for the next call.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network
leo-j said:

Without reading it yet

Screw attack are the biggest nintendo fanboys on the internet, I expect an extreeme bias to nintendo (BEFORE READING)

My guess would be that people should read before commenting.

Because ironically, that is the mindset the article is criticizing.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Stop responding to leo-j. It's obvious trolling..

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Brilliant article. I just want to add that 3rd Parties "matured" and I didn't like it. I mean look at the change in them from FF6 to FF7 for example. I blame Halo 2 not Wii Fit.

Pixel Art can be fun.