By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Just bought an xbox on Ebay

how can it be banned? what do they look for

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network

OUCH! I'm sorry, but you just opened up pandoras box my friend. Even if it was cheap, anything can happen with a used 360.

But to answer your questions:

1. I guess they give your console the large amount of power it needs? I got mine with the console.

2. Xbox live is the online service that comes in 2 flavors:
silver- basic online stores and such are available to you, free.

gold- video chat/im/voice chat is available, Netflix is available, and you can play games online, advanced access to game demos and content.
With gold though, you have to pay 40$ a year for 13 months.

3. Hard drives are essential if you want the best x360 experience you can get. Basically what twestern said.
And you can't even play a couple games without a hard drive, and some multiplayer modes in some games require a hard drive.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

yeah i was thinking about getting a refurbished one, but i can not take the risk i would rather pay 200

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

360 is what? $199? theres bundle deals that come with an extra controller and usually a new game and a classic game, the extra controller,and the new and old game price wise come to about $90, thats like $109 for an xbox, why people dont just buy one new baffles me.

3 year warranty and peice of mind

Ronster316 said:

360 is what? $199? theres bundle deals that come with an extra controller and usually a new game and a classic game, the extra controller,and the new and old game price wise come to about $90, thats like $109 for an xbox, why people dont just buy one new baffles me.

You have a funny way of looking at stuff. And are where are these "bundles" at? They sound like a doorbuster. That 3 year is only for RROD issue. I know people whom have broken DVD ROM drives or defective HDMI ports and are out of the one year warrenty. And really an Arcade? Last I checked the Pro is the most popular system.

Around the Network
Aiemond said:
how can it be banned? what do they look for

If the previous owner was banned from xbox live from modding his system, cheating, illegally copying a game or any means of being banned, then that xbox console is banned from logging on to xbox live even if you have a different gamertag, there's nothing you can do about it. You get a free silver account so just see if you can log onto live, if you can then you are okay.

I dunno man, I'd like to be able to get free help/repair after 30 days for at least a year.

I wouldnt buy a 360 or a ps3 used ever.

These things like computers they aint your nes or genesis there complicated hardware.

sexybeast said:
Ronster316 said:

You have a funny way of looking at stuff. And are where are these "bundles" at? They sound like a doorbuster. That 3 year is only for RROD issue. I know people whom have broken DVD ROM drives or defective HDMI ports and are out of the one year warrenty. And really an Arcade? Last I checked the Pro is the most popular system.

Your right, the 360 has no bundles, i'm clearly bilnd. *cough*

Man, if this thread doesn't scare anyone else from buying a refurbished 360 from eBay, I don't know what will.

Even the months guarantee wouldn't satisfy me.  I had one person with 600+ feedback complete fuck me over (and everyone else after some point when he decided to flip out).

I know you're trying to pay for small pieces at a time but unless much less than $100 is something along the lines of $20, I would never risk it.

1. What if your console has been banned?  I doubt that's covered in his one month warranty
  2. What if he used the towel trick?  The console can stay fine for anywhere from a week to months before it gives up again (and it will if he used the towel trick).
  3. What if it's a launch or near launch model?  Hell, what if it were even bought a year after launch?
  4. You still have to buy a hard drive
  5. You still have to buy your own power brick (MAKE SURE IT COMES WITH BOTH CORDS)
  6. The seller could decide to screw you and just not honor his one month warranty
  7. I'm sure that warranty isn't air tight and there are many ways for the seller to finagle himself out of it
  8. You have no 3 year warranty since it's refurbished

Just so many things can go wrong and I would assume at least one of those would happen.