By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is it time to except third and just start enjoying the PS3?

In reality does it even matter?You have the console sitting in front of you and a few good games worth playing in its library.The only things numbers might effect is multiplat releases but at this point that wont matter either.Ps3 has sold enough to make devs plenty of doe off multiplats.

Around the Network

I didn't say people were dumb, it was if they want to get dum. In other words if they want to nitpick for the sake of it that is their problem.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Some people around here really can't take a joke. Jeez.

hahahhaha i love these threads M$ sells a few consoles and is still losing WW for 2008 with a chance of beaten sony (only a chance) and people think its over lol.

Once sony sold like crap in 2007 then that was the time to except 3rd. Now its selling pretty good just the others are selling better. (360 for a little while, wii forever)

I've been enjoying the PS3 for the past two years and not really caring about numbers. Maybe I don't care enough because I have all three consoles but I still but I still think it will eventually pass 360.

Around the Network

We are not even half way through the PS3's life. When they cut the price next spring, we will see thread after thread of "the 360 is dead". If you don't believe me just look at threads from June and July. At that time the PS3 had out sold the 360 every week since the previous November. Then the 360 price cut came. Now it is the PS3 is dead.
We will see who is ahead in 3, 4, or 5 years. That is when this gen will be coming to an end.

PS3 is third?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!? huh..mustve been enjoying my PS3 too much to even bother with what rank its in.

Take it from somone who really enjoyed the GameCube, having a third place console is not the worst thing that could happen. I enjoyed quite a few games not many people played because, the options were smaller. Beyond Good and & Evil I got on day one because there were few other games I wanted at that time on my system. The best advice I can give about owning a 3rd place console is look for gems and you will find some of the best gaming experiences ever.

Remember your history or you are doomed to repeat it.

Viacom Boycott

Excepting third should have nothing to do with your enjoyment of your PS3.

If you all don't care about sales numbers, why are you on a video game site whose hook is sales numbers? Though either way I agree PS3 is a great console; I think 360 is best, but PS3 is quite good. IMO Wii is the worst, but Wii is also definatly worth owning becuase of games like Super Mario Galaxy and Fire Emblem Raidaint Dawn and Smash Bros Brawl.