By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBL Community Games - What's Good, What's Bad?

I had seen some interest about this in other topics, so I decided a dedicated thread was in order.  How many of you have downloaded some Community Created games so far?  Which were good and which were bad, or which were worth the price, and which are not?

I have been interested in getting some of the games, but as of yet they seem to all have no rating, so I have nothing to tell me if the game is good, and I don't want to download all the different demos.  I'd like some recommendations so I can try those games only and see where it goes from there.

So far, from an article at Ars, the game Block and Lines was given good recommendations.  Anyone?

Around the Network

I haven't tried any yet myself, but I'd also like to know which are considered the better ones.

I'd download some demos, but I'm home for thanksgiving and my xbox stayed at college. :(

I like In the Pit a lot. It's definitely not for everybody, but an audio-only stealth game is quite a neat idea.

Surround sound recommended!

Bad - No RPG's

Where's the Dragon Warrior's and Final Fantasies??

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I'm wondering if they have achievements and thinking probably not..

Around the Network
sublime78 said:

Good point.  I hadn't even thought of that, but you're probably right.

you can download demos for all games. Try before you buy...I downlaoded one and was marginally impressed

sublime78 said:

No achievements. Seems like a missed opportunity, being that they're a surprisingly strong selling point. If nothing else, they could have let community games have 50-100 gamerscore to play around with.

Anyone have any specific games they liked? I can't go download the demos at the moment, and will tonight, but I don't want to sift through and download all 20+ demos to find a few jems.

@disolitude
Which game did you find marginally impressive?

On a side note, I would love to make my own XNA game and have a good knowledge of Java programming.  I wonder how difficult it would be to learn and program with XNA.  I think a simple scrolling racing game where you have to dodge or pick up objects would be very fun, addictive, and fairly easy to make.  Either that or a tower deffense game.  If I could make a game like that and was decent, it'd be a guaranteed seller.

Weapons of choice is the only game so far that I can recommend.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive