By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo switch Wii Sports with Wii Sports 2 (as a bundle)?

They should definitely add Motion Plus in order to encourage developer support for it.

Bundling both versions of Wii Sports might look a bit boring though. Maybe they'll eliminate the old Wii Sports from the bundle?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

no clue what they will do...

...but i hope they bundle both. motion plus in with the console will really encourage developers to utilize it.

Just a guess:

At first, WiiSports2 will be available separately from the Wii as a pack in with the M+ controller. This will likely run $50.

Eventually, Nintendo will drop the price of the Wii to $199, and at the same time offer a M+ bundle for $249 (or thereabouts) that contains both WiiSports and WiiSports2 with the M+controller

That's a really great question.

I would bet
The most likely scenario is to keep the cost of the system at $249
and advertise Wii Sports / Wii Sports 2
Plus A Controller / Nunchuk and a Motion Plus
They would most likely release something like this in Christmas 2009

This way the new peripheral is already with every system and gives incentive for 3rd parties to work on Motion Plus Games

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

I think it's in Nintendo's best interest to ensure the largest adoption of WiiMotionPlus because it'll really make the Wii stand out from the other systems and entice more 'core' games like Red Steel or a Jedi Game or whatever now that the Wiimote can finally do what we all thought it could on Day One.

So, yes, I do think Nintendo will bundle WM+ with the Wii by the end of the year and including WSR or substituting WSR for WS would obviously make sense. Alternatively, an enhanced WS that use WM+ could in introduced....... God... then I'd have to buy it.

Around the Network

Probably just sell it individually and then overtime they may include it in the bundle.

I think they may include both wii sports 1 & 2 + motion+ in new wiis. Either this or just lower the price of wii & sell wii sports 2 separately.

No Wii Sports 2 is going to come bundled with Wii Motion Plus, so it'll be a seperate product from the Wii itself.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

No. Wii sport resort is going to be bundle with wii motion plus, that's more than enough

no they will still keep wii sports as the free game bundle, resorts is a better version that they would want you to pay for. since it uses wii motion plus.

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi