By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - More advertising of Metal Gear Solid 4

It has been 6 months since the release of Metal Gear Solid 4 and game has been very successful selling 4.33 million copies according to Konami.

Apparently they have again started advertising their blockbuster game of the year on giant gaming websites like IGN,Gamepot,etc.Could this result in the game reaching 5m sales as the holiday period is beginning?

Around the Network

I have still been seeing the "World is in the hands of a military maniac/tyrant. Only one man, the legendary agent Snake can" somethingsomethingsomething commercial lately too. 6 months later they still have commercials, thats something else :)

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I really hope it helps them to continue moving copies. However you want to classify this piece of software, it is a piece that should be experianced by anyone that is into games or movies. This is by far my favorite game of all time, and a standard that I hope the rest of the industry strives for. It is experiances like this that I game for. Sure sports games are fun, kids games are fun, racing games are fun, but MGS is a immersive product. Personally I perffer fun games about 70% of the time, but about 30% of the time I like to play games that have a good story, with an exelent single player champain. Sometimes it is nice to have a very personalized experiance with your console.

To me fun games are just fun in the moment kind of experiances. Every now and then something just down right amazing will happen, and it will stick with you forever. Games like God of War, Killzone, Jak, Ratchet, Halo, MGS, and FF are games that you will carry the experiance with you thought your life. IMO Playstation is the best platform at bring these types of game, and MGS is the best amongst them all.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I'm still waiting for sony to release MGS1 on the Euro PSN... then maybe...

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts