By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Black Friday laptop sales

Im looking to get a new laptop and was going to do the get up at 3 in the morning and camp outside of an electronic store to get a cheap laptop, but I want a non shitty one, anyone know any good deals? I live in New Jersey around all major retailers.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

Around the Network

look at the slightly overpriced deals at dell on blackfriday.  then you can wake up and sit in your chair clicking refresh instead of sitting in the cold.  They have some non-junk lappy's on sale IIRC.

My sister also wants a laptop, and I figured Black Friday should be as good a day as any to find a decent deal...there are no true doorbusters this year so far though.

We're planning on going to Office Depot for a $350 laptop, HP dual core with 3 GB ram 160 GB hd...seems like a good deal compared to some others.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

last black friday, my wife and I went and sat out in front of best buy. it was a complete waste of time. around 4 am we left and went to a local clothing shop and wasted even more time. this whole black friday thing is nonsense. very limited specials. anyway, we did make it over to circuit city at around 7 am. in the end ,we ended up buying a nice sony vaio. did we really get a good deal? hell, i doubt it, but the laptop is not bad anyway.

My monitor from Circuit City last year was a good deal I think. $169 after a rebate for a 22" Acer was definitely worth it. It was $250 at the time, and I didn't see that monitor or comparable monitor around that price until a month or so ago.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

BF is not worth it.

Black Friday can definitely be worth it.

I find it funny with both extremes:

people who go out to stand in line all night every year, even if the deals aren't any greater than the rest of the year, and

people who think it's dumb and not worth it.

There are definitely good deals sometimes, and to stand outside for a few hours sometimes is worth it, in my opinion. You only have to get up early on one morning, and in return you can save a ton of money on stuff you wanted to buy already. It is dumb to stand outside for mediocre deals though.

I'll be going to Office Depot just a couple hours early, since they will only have a few of the cheap laptops...no need to wait any longer than necessary though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

I just bought an Asus Eee 1000H for $310 after a 25% cashback from live.com on eBay. So I paid $416, but after a few weeks I'll get $104 from Microsoft's cashback program put back into my PayPal account.

Seems like a good deal, I decided to jump on it and not worry if there's a slightly better deal later. I know there have been a couple $199 and $250 netbooks, but they're older models, not as good as mine, with 160 GB hd, 1 gb ram but most importantly the glossy 10 in screen. Can't wait for it to get here!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM