By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How should VGChartz score its reviews?

How should VGChartz score its reviews?

Keep the current letter g... 244 13.49%

Score out of 100% using each point. 787 43.50%

Score out of 10 using half points. 349 19.29%

Score out of 10 using whole points. 103 5.69%

Switch to a 5-star system. 88 4.86%

Don't use grades at all, just text. 238 13.16%

Total:1,809
Infamy79 said:
I can't take credit for this idea, I think it was suggested in either the article by rocketpig saying the review system is broken, or a thread about reviews.
Anyway, someone mentioned assigning a $ value to a game based on it's reviews which reflected how much they thought the game was worth paying for.

Obviously it would be based off the RRP for a game, but something like MGS4 or GeOW2 could get a $75-80, where as Too Human or Haze could get a $15-20.

I think it shows a really good example of a value of a game. It makes it pretty clear if its a day 1 purchase or wait for the bargain bin. It's also unique and could be converted to an approximate ranking if you wanted to put together a guide for gamerankings or metacritic.

I love this one.

Sometimes even if you know what you are going to lose, you got to go fight. That's part of being a man.  Eikichi Onizuka

Around the Network

My vote was for use text only, because I don't look at the numerical score for a game.

But if that is determined to be unfeasible, then the mathematician in me says that the more possible different scores the more precise - so 1-100 should be used

I love infamy's suggestion, but then the best rated games would be guitar hero, rock band and Wii Fit :P