By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How many people ever got caught with an alternate ID?

Well if you look through the list of banned members, i would say 70% of those are from alternate ID's.

I would also like to know how they (site administrators and moderators) figure out if you made an alternate ID.

Currently Playing: Mass Effect (360)

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

Around the Network
monkeyman40210 said:

Well if you look through the list of banned members, i would say 70% of those are from alternate ID's.

I would also like to know how they (site administrators and moderators) figure out if you made an alternate ID.

Sometimes voodoo, sometimes dowsing rods.  Depends on my mood.

@twesterm

Sometimes voodoo, sometimes dowsing rods. Depends on my mood.

that is how i thought it was done

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Gandhi

I accuse them of being alts, and then the mods ban them.... It pays to be rich

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I did..i didn't think that they monitered IP addresses..but they do

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

Around the Network

yeah IP checks^^

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

if they monitor IP adresses, what about if more than 1 family member in your home has one, or what if a friend or someone made one at your house

monkeyman40210 said:
if they monitor IP adresses, what about if more than 1 family member in your home has one, or what if a friend or someone made one at your house

they get raped..

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

^ohhhhhhhhhh that explains it

monkeyman40210 said:

People pay me for protection, which is how I got rich in the first place.

@question for real

obviously if 1 of the people in the house troll, then all will get punished. At least at one point I Love Bacon and Nintendo Fan Girl were posting from the same location, but they don't troll, and it is obvious they are different people (or the same person with dissociative identity disorder)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)