By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bleszinski: Epic still has a few 'tricks up their sleeve'

Bleszinski: Epic still has a few 'tricks up their sleeve'

Chatting with CVG, Epic's Cliff "The Dude" Bleszinski gushes about the look and visual enhancements Gears 2 has over the original, but promises to push the technical limits of the 360 even further.

"I honestly believe that our talent at Epic has many more tricks up their sleeve if need be for a future products," Blezinski explains. "Give us a couple of years and I guarantee you we'll turn out something that looks even better on Xbox 360." Word.

Prettier graphical prettiness that's even prettier than Gears of War 2? We say impossible, Cliff! Or is it?

________________________________________________________________________________________

Straight from the horse's mouth--there's still a ton that Epic can do to pump more graphical awesomeness out of the 360.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Awesome! cant wait for more epic games!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice...............

Bottom line__________________

Great claim, and I believe it to the point. They said the same with Gears 1, and they proved it true.

Now my question: How can they POSSIBLY improve on it much more?

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:

Great claim, and I believe it to the point. They said the same with Gears 1, and they proved it true.

Now my question: How can they POSSIBLY improve on it much more?

Gears of war 2 showed us that anything is possible!

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:

Gears of war 2 showed us that you can just add an extra layer of graphical polish to your boring, macho, brown shooter, release it again, and have game reviewers eat it up like it was high friggin' art!

Fixed.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

If they can make there already amazing games look better...can't complain bring them on!!

Garcian Smith said:
toastboy44562 said:

Gears of war 2 showed us that you can just add an extra layer of graphical polish to your boring, macho, brown shooter, release it again, and have game reviewers eat it up like it was high friggin' art!

Fixed.

Hell, it made Gears 2 look like the prettiest and one of the most action packed console game yet made, so I say if adding another layer of graphical polish makes Gears 3 look like Crysis 2, then by all means do it!

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I think he got inspired by one of the boys he picked up because he works in the games industry and "Could do it if he wanted to"

If he can't make the games prettier how will he pick up boys?

Tease.

Gears 2 is better than Gears 1, so he's got some cred to stand on.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder